2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

He definitely did have to contend with an injury crisis, I pay no heed to what Day Vek says. We have been in an ongoing injury crisis for 10 years.
@davek never said there were no injuries. Difference now is, everybody valued above 10m is injured at the same time. Mina, Doucoure, Richarlison, DCL.
Luckily Brands bought us Townsend and Gray to give us some hope in these dark days

Injuries happen. We have a lot of players on international duty a lot of the time. When hone, we demand maximum effort at all times. Plus every team gets injuries.

Does anyone really expect us to go through a full season injury free?

Injuries happen. We have a lot of players on international duty a lot of the time. When hone, we demand maximum effort at all times. Plus every team gets injuries.

Does anyone really expect us to go through a full season injury free?

You can’t seriously be suggesting we don’t get more injuries than everyone else, every season. And yes other teams do manage to occasionally go through a full season without multiple key players missing for months.

You can’t seriously be suggesting we don’t get more injuries than everyone else, every season. And yes other teams do manage to occasionally go through a full season without key players missing for months.

You'd have to actually check other team's injury records to say that though which you haven't/won't and I won't either. We notice more for the team we follow.

You can’t seriously be suggesting we don’t get more injuries than everyone else, every season. And yes other teams do manage to occasionally go through a full season without multiple key players missing for months.

Imagine if we had 2 games a week to play/ train for like West Ham.

West Ham barely get injuries even Soucek played 4 days after having plastic surgery after Rondon stomped on his face - 95% of our squad would be out 2-3 weeks after that.

@davek never said there were no injuries. Difference now is, everybody valued above 10m is injured at the same time. Mina, Doucoure, Richarlison, DCL.
Luckily Brands bought us Townsend and Gray to give us some hope in these dark days
Whut?

Digne, Keane, Gomes, Godfrey, Allan all cost over £10m.

I take your point though, it's a cumulative crisis of first team regulars. But it's disingenuous to make out this is the sort of thing only Benitez has suffered from. Recall some proper bare bones times under Moyes. Jagielka and Neville in midfield at one point.

Last edited:
I think we get just the same injuries as most other clubs.
Difference being when we lose a starting 11 player its magnified by the sheer crap show of a squad we have.

Lose any one in any position and we are struggling big time , keeper, full backs, centre backs ,midfield & forwards.
Massive drop off from the 1st 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.