2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really understand this nonsensical debate. Managers come and go. Owners come and go. Players come and go. The club lives on.
I will support any manager/owner/player that brings success (good football, commitment on the pitch, more wins than losses, an occasional trophy and regular European football - not asking for much really) to my club and reserve the right to criticise them if the opposite happens.
So far, Benitez is doing ok. Absolutely loved the recovery blitz against Burnley and hated the eight minutes against Villa. Loved the performance against ManU. Disappointed to go to penalties (and lose) against QPR. So far, so normal as a fan.
Given the FFP constraints, qualification for Europe would be success (for me) at the end of this season. Would then like to see us push on once FFP gets sorted.

I think you will find the sycophantic behaviour started the say the toad signed up. These type of fans just can't help themselves., the same fans who laughed when he was first linked. They also completely ignore we have been awful for large portion of every game but have some how managed to get a result
They will soon crawl back after a few defeats claiming they knew all along he was a fat odious dinosaur of a manager .
Yeah, point proven. Now concentrate on learning to tie your shoelaces instead of posting.

I think you will find the sycophantic behaviour started the say the toad signed up. These type of fans just can't help themselves., the same fans who laughed when he was first linked. They also completely ignore we have been awful for large portion of every game but have some how managed to get a result
They will soon crawl back after a few defeats claiming they knew all along he was a fat odious dinosaur of a manager .

Wow you could copy this, build a time machine, go back to March this year and post exactly the same comment word for word in the manager’s thread and it would 100% stand up.

I didn't want him here, wasn't sad when he left, but to argue he was unsuccessful is not supportable by the evidence. I look forward to hearing how that is incorrect by you responding with multiple question marks, exclamation points and mock outrage.

So was Allardyce successful? - I really can't think of anything that was successful at all.

The last season that felt successful was Martinez first one.

Getting booed for a brand of football that seen us register no shots on goal in many games and fans not turning up isn't success.

Think the manager is lucky in those of us who go to matches, can say with confidence the player's have responded to us being back!

Perfect example was Burnley match. The manager was bewildered and lost. It was us that breathed that response.

Absolutely in my mind we should competing for Europe with the squad no matter the manager, the bar of success for some reason has been lowered to pitiful expectations, to accommodate the appointment.

Anyway, deleted my post, I dont wish to engage in this circle jerk any longer.

Those that want to support him, do so, me im just gonna do me.

I suppose how you define 'support'. Now he is our manager I will try and understand his decisions (such as resting players in the cup), I want him to do well but that is not for his gain just for my selfish gain. I see no point in jumping on his back after a loss as that hinders the former statement. Will I be hanging up posters of him, creating a massive flag with his mug to take into Goodison, chanting his name? No. All low key please just like when BFS was in charge.

Think the manager is lucky in those of us who go to matches, can say with confidence the player's have responded to us being back!

Perfect example was Burnley match. The manager was bewildered and lost. It was us that breathed that response.

Absolutely in my mind we should competing for Europe with the squad no matter the manager, the bar of success for some reason has been lowered to pitiful expectations, to accommodate the appointment.
So that's why we have been in Europe once in 10 years -the fans. 10 years of covid. We got through it in the end.

Get the finger out Benitez. The fans are back after a decade. You have nowhere to hide.

5% of lids spamming the place with these crazy shouts. Making it seem like the forum is split on the subject.

Who's the real problem? The 5% spam brigade.

I think that’s a bit harsh to be honest , Jesus I can’t believe I’m defending him :eek:, we certainly weren’t great and the timing of the goal definitely helped him but he was trying to change stuff. We’ve come back into games to win and draw more than we have done for years , it’d be extremely difficult not to credit him a little for that . As for the crowd I don’t know about you but by me it felt like mostly grumbling about the manager rather than passionately getting behind the players support .

I thought you were too scared to leave the house because of covid?

Status
Not open for further replies.