2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are plenty of things you can reasonably critique Benitez for thus far into his run as manager

The handling of the James affair

The generally rubbish standard of football

The fact he seemingly couldn't care less about the fact he's a divisive appointment and has done next to nothing to try and establish a positive rapport with the supporters who don't like him

However, despite all of that, from a purely results perspective he hasn't had a bad start to the League campaign and it would be churlish to complain about our points total after six games if he's able to secure a win over Norwich

When you make unfair and unreasonable critiques it only strengthens the resolve of your opponents because they know your critiques aren't balanced, fair or justified

If you must try and kick him then at least kick him for the stuff that it's fair to kick him for

Blown my mind there with that Math's mate! Unfortunately its imaginary. lol

Ha ha we wouldn't have lost to QPR if we had better players, playing in the team - right so!

Who else was he supposed to play in goal? Pickford is out, it's not like he rested him. If he had then maybe the point would stand, but he didn't

That squad was good enough to win but Begovic was crap for both of their goals and didn't get anywhere near any of their penalties

Again, I'm hardly Benitez Fan #1, but you have to be reasonable about this stuff

...and that is exactly how we should be looking at it with this group of players.

If we cant get our attack out on a regular basis this season the quality below that apart from Doucoure and Digne is terrifyingly poor.

40-45 points ASAP and then see what we can do from there.

Things ARE that bad here. The club is broke finacially and broken in terms of its governance.
45 points is the most he's managed in the last 3 seasons as a manager
Carlo must be a miracle worker to have achieved 59pts with virtually the same players

Who else was he supposed to play in goal? Pickford is out, it's not like he rested him. If he had then maybe the point would stand, but he didn't

That squad was good enough to win but Begovic was crap for both of their goals and didn't get anywhere near any of their penalties

Again, I'm hardly Benitez Fan #1, but you have to be reasonable about this stuff

QPR were miles better than us. Fully deserved to go through.

This is where the constant lies come in.

He's been saying Hammy Rodz has been injured for the last month or so, when he obviously wasn't, he just refused to have him in the squad to get rid of him.
How do we know Pickford is actually inured? How can we trust a word that comes out of his big fat flobble-filled head?

I think there are plenty of things you can reasonably critique Benitez for thus far into his run as manager

The handling of the James affair

The generally rubbish standard of football

The fact he seemingly couldn't care less about the fact he's a divisive appointment and has done next to nothing to try and establish a positive rapport with the supporters who don't like him

However, despite all of that, from a purely results perspective he hasn't had a bad start to the League campaign and it would be churlish to complain about our points total after six games if he's able to secure a win over Norwich

When you make unfair and unreasonable critiques it only strengthens the resolve of your opponents because they know your critiques aren't balanced, fair or justified

If you must try and kick him then at least kick him for the stuff that it's fair to kick him for

Lots of things to be perfectly honest, you're right.

But for me, when we're going well, we've played some excellent football. There have been spells (very small spells, albeit), where even Gomes has looked like a somewhat ok midfielder.

For me, the only way Benitez wins the fans over, is on the pitch, whether you like it or not, he's not going to shout off a load of bile about that lot across the park, so the only way he can do it, is by winning.

I sound like a Benitez apologist, but for me, when we've had a full strength squad we've been decent, and i've enjoyed what we've been playing.

Win on Saturday and we've got 13 out of 18 points, which is a lot better than half the bed wetters on here and social media predicted.

QPR were miles better than us. Fully deserved to go through.

No they weren't

We gifted them their two goals and they did very little else to trouble us

A competent keeper and we win that in normal time

It wasn't an amazing performance from us, but it was serviceable and enough to go through if everyone did their job

Begovic and some of the defenders didn't, so we went out

I'll be more than happy to hammer Benitez when he actually does something worth hammering him for

That QPR game wasn't it

Just took the plunge and watched the highlights of the game. Begovic at fault for both their goals.

Its simple as mate, we win as a team/squad and management team, we loose as a team squad management team.

You cant vaunt one positive record on one hand collectively, then totally minimize any culplibiility below our standards as a club on the other to an individual.

Ultimately why do we compete at football - to win trophies - the lack of a no show by everyone involved at QPR should be acknowledged and validated. Its simply not good enough by all involved.

Sadly the manager is likely to be releived, he can move onto to trying to get 40 points without fixture congestion and we continue our race to the bottom and chipping away at the soul of the club by those involved.

Everton are unrecognizable now to what we should be.

The brave few, will keep her lit.

Just took the plunge and watched the highlights of the game. Begovic at fault for both their goals.

He was

Longeran might have done better with them, who knows, but his hands were kind of tied with that selection

If he'd rested Pickford then you could make the argument that his team selection was at fault. He didn't have Pickford to choose from though, so it's pretty unfair to clobber him for it IMO

This is where the constant lies come in.

He's been saying Hammy Rodz has been injured for the last month or so, when he obviously wasn't, he just refused to have him in the squad to get rid of him.
How do we know Pickford is actually inured? How can we trust a word that comes out of his big fat flobble-filled head?
Either that or you can’t risk a player who’s about to do a medical.

Either that or you can’t risk a player who’s about to do a medical.
Whatever the reason, he wasn't injured.
So making up stories which are easily disproved and making statements trying to put the blame on the player, calls into question all the times he says exactly the same things about other players.

Some of the comments on here are laughable. The agenda on here against Benitez is making the comments so childish. Like most I didn't want him in charge but have said to friends that to be fair to him we are actually playing with some intent and the football makes a nice change from the passing for the sake of passing football that everyone seems to be playing these days.

Do the people making these comments genuinely believe that the football under Carlo in 2021 was better than what we have been playing this season? I was saying in April that the football we had been playing was some of the worst I had seen us play. And yes I know Carlo had a good start but she because it went to complete dross with him, doesn't mean it is going to under a different manager.

It must be depressing wanting your team to lose just so you can have a rant about the manager, and then even when we are doing okay, to say things like we were lucky against Leeds to get a point.....anybody other than a blinked Leeds fan would say that we deserved the Win.

Like it or not, Benitez is the manager now and unless he starts playing Calvert Lewin on the wing or we revert to playing like we did at the end of last season then why not just support your team and not try and find negative agenda's that are not even there.

Status
Not open for further replies.