2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the glee subsided yet? I am not looking forward to the QPR game frankly. Defeat there and I can see the anti Raphael group go into orbit.
It will be tough game, unless they rest a lot of players. Injuries have meant a number of back up players are playing and we can’t risk more injuries. Begovic, kenny, Holgate, Digne, Davies, Gomes, Gordon, gray. Not sure who will be the other CB. Or who will ply upfront. Then does iwobi play number 10 and is Gbamin fit.

As I say footballing things are worthy of discussion and there are valid arguments to be made on both sides.

Anything to do with his previous employers should be left at the door, i couldn't care less that he managed them, I'm concentrated on his ability to manage our football club. People banging on about "ooh, he called us a small club" like children lost in a conversation stamping their feet and unable to grasp the full picture.

It's a fair point about his living in tge region however i personally think it would work in the opposite direction. I would think he would be more motivated to keep a massive job and massively well paid job in the area he calls home.

I know I have in my personal life, worked up and down the country and now back in Bristol where i call home and I don't think if things are tough at work I'll look elsewhere, this is where i want to be and I'll work extra hard to make it work. Of course I wouldn't like to suggest I know the inner workings of his mind but it's certainly a possibility. From what I've seen so far there's no signs of lack of motivation and he's been professional and dedicated to his task in keeping with the rest of his managerial career.
Ye totally accept that , the small club thing has never bothered me to be honest it's the total association in general with them to be honest.

I get that been there myself made sacrifices for work plenty of times to make it work. Comfort can at times effect performance negatively, jury still out on that.

I can imagine it's different worlds for our working and personal lives compared to his I guess. Like you say we don't know what he's thinking but jury out for me. Dedicated and professional are the minimal to expect really.

Yes but you could question every single manager who gets the job. Or every trip player you buy and put on a big wage. Unless you hire a young manager who’s only managed at a lower level. And then the fans will question your ambition as a club.

We can’t really win, all we can do is wait and see
Yes I agree but each hire is different. He's well and truly landed on his feet with this gig. We never seem to win so remains to be seen with this one.

…if we win it’s not down to the Manager, if we lose it’s not down to the Manager. it’s usually down to footballers. Sadly, Benitez is becoming the personification of Everton Football Club.

i didn’t want him here but I‘m not a detractor nor am I with his group of hero worshipping luvvies. I’m quite encouraged by the team model & if we struggle the next few games it’s probably due to a lack of quality and injuries more than the manager.

What you think 1 single game sways my decision on a manager.
Poor.

I just laugh really if Potter was our manager does anyone really believe we still dont lose yesterday with DCL, Richarlison, Pickford, Coleman and later Allan not on the pitch???

Its easy to slag off the manager comes a bit more difficult when the serious discussion arises of who out there would seriously hold of the baying mob that is our fanbase.

Martinez
Koeman
Silva
Ancelotti
Benitez
????

This time next year Rodders we'll be in the top 4!

I just laugh really if Potter was our manager does anyone really believe we still dont lose yesterday with DCL, Richarlison, Pickford, Coleman and later Allan not on the pitch???

Its easy to slag off the manager comes a bit more difficult when the serious discussion arises of who out there would seriously hold of the baying mob that is our fanbase.

Martinez
Koeman
Silva
Ancelotti

Lets keep hiring and firing this time next year Rodders we'll be in the top 4!

Why are you going on about 1 game ya loon.
You hate potter. We get it.
I dont.
Thats it.

…if we win it’s not down to the Manager, if we lose it’s not down to the Manager. it’s usually down to footballers. Sadly, Benitez is becoming the personification of Everton Football Club.

i didn’t want him here but I‘m not a detractor nor am I with his group of hero worshipping luvvies. I’m quite encouraged by the team model & if we struggle the next few games it’s probably due to a lack of quality and injuries more than the manager.
Common sense I like it.

Why are you going on about 1 game ya loon.
You hate potter. We get it.
I dont.
Thats it.

Because the guy is the English Martinez - plays tippy tappy football and finishes bottom half every season yet is raved about on here like he's Guardiola.

When he's 5 starting 11 players down lets see how well he does away from home to sides like Villa and West Ham without VAR saving his bacon.

Because the guy is the English Martinez - plays tippy tappy football and finishes bottom half every season yet is raved about on here like he's Guardiola.

When he's 5 starting 11 players down lets see how well he does away from home to sides like Villa and West Ham without VAR saving his bacon.

Finishes bottom every season? He's only been at brighton two seasons.
Da phuck you talking about.

This is only his 2nd full season at Brighton so that's nonsense mate, the first season he came in was'nt a full one. Also you make it obvious that you prefer hoof ball/ headless chicken type stuff. Nothing wrong with that but some folk don't like it and you need to just accept it and stop going on about in every other post. The reason for the Guardiola thing is because Pep himself has made comments on how he is impressed by the way Brighton play. Brighton won't ever be 5 players down mate as unlike us they have a squad and a decent youth setup with some good talent coming through.

This is only his 2nd full season at Brighton so that's nonsense mate, the first season he came in was'nt a full one. Also you make it obvious that you prefer hoof ball/ headless chicken type stuff. Nothing wrong with that but some folk don't like it and you need to just accept it and stop going on about in every other post. The reason for the Guardiola thing is because Pep himself has made comments on how he is impressed by the way Brighton play. Brighton won't ever be 5 players down mate as unlike us they have a squad and a decent youth setup with some good talent coming through.

The supa dupa Brighton that finished 16th last season and will finish below Everton and Benitez this season come 38 games despite outspending us this summer.

Potter has already managed Everton. We used to call him Martinez, Koeman or Silva though.
Flavour of the month type of stuff.

Benitez is a class above that. The Geordies know it, Valencia knows it, the rs know this. Even the Chelsea-lot will admit the man might know something about straightening out a footballteam.

Back him.

Status
Not open for further replies.