2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're making out like Benitez has got a squad assembled from 1.7mil.
We are stronger than last season do you agree? if you dont please explain how we are not? 10th wasn't good enough last year so why is 12th good enough now?
He has what Ancelotti had and more but last season was unacceptable.
No, I dont agree it's stronger. What we have is a manager capable of making what he inherited work better. But it's a long long season, and injuries and suspensions will hurt us.

You know that Benitez is safe as houses. I have no idea why you'd contest that.

Europe would be some result from Rafael. It would automatically make him our best manager since Moyes.

Hes had an incredible start but Carlo had a decent start and that went downhill very quickly after Christmas.
A lot of you seem to forget that last season only started in late september. Rafael's already seven points up over Ancelotti this time last year ;)

What's the story with the media massage for "the manager" in the Echo, every other day we have Townsend or Rondon coming out lauding the manager and then polarised pro-"the manager" stories and headlines. Seems like their is a purposeful agenda by the Echo in conjunction with the manager/club to be pro-"the manager". Your not fooling anyone.

Check out todays headline:

"Rafael Benitez inspires Allan change Carlo Ancelotti never could at Everton"

Sorry not falling for it.
Todays Echo Love In:

"Rafael Benitez can begin to right Carlo Ancelotti failing at Everton next week"

You're making out like Benitez has got a squad assembled from 1.7mil.
We are stronger than last season do you agree? if you dont please explain how we are not? 10th wasn't good enough last year so why is 12th good enough now?
He has what Ancelotti had and more but last season was unacceptable.
Spot on mate. Benitez has a squad that is capable of winning the league. If we have luck with injuries anything outside of the Champions League places has to be looked at as abject failure. If Benitez can get over his personality issues I think he'll do it.

No, I dont agree it's stronger. What we have is a manager capable of making what he inherited work better. But it's a long long season, and injuries and suspensions will hurt us.

You know that Benitez is safe as houses. I have no idea why you'd contest that.
I don't contest that at all, he isn't a bad manager but imo he's not a great manager and for that reason we shouldn't of appointed him with the controversy surrounding it.
He has got us playing better
We are easier on the eye
Players are working harder
I'm happy so far.

But lets not get carried away after 3 games and lets not cut him more slack than others, he will get the plaudits and criticized like every other manager regardless of his net spend.

I just cant believe how many excuses are getting made for him already.

I don't contest that at all, he isn't a bad manager but imo he's not a great manager and for that reason we shouldn't of appointed him with the controversy surrounding it.
He has got us playing better
We are easier on the eye
Players are working harder
I'm happy so far.

But lets not get carried away after 3 games and lets not cut him more slack than others, he will get the plaudits and criticized like every other manager regardless of his net spend.

I just cant believe how many excuses are getting made for him already.
You think we can afford to pass up on a good manager after the utter charlatans that have sat in that dugout in the last 5 years?

I understand that setting too high standards is unrealistic but te reason we want European football is twofold firstly that we will increase the income and broaden the reputation (Hopefully) and secondly to attract better players because of the first reason.
The second isn't going to happen from one season in the Europa Conference

Tactically, he's probably the best manager in the league, an excellent chess player. If the players are fit and on board, than even Man City wil be content with a point at Goodison.
Just let the man work.

If it's the failings of the second half of last season when we were borderline relegation form then that's surely a good thing to correct?

You are missing the point, the media are pushing a narrative to media manipulate the digestibility of the appointment that clearly a lot of fans have an issue with. I dont know about anyone else but i can make my own mind up without back ground noise or the media pushing a prevailing narrative of acceptance, or speculative headlines.

Its a stupid headline, as its speculative and not fact, you can frame it any way like as a result. For example," Everton manager has 33 points to acquire to stop Everton getting relegated", "Everton manager fails to out do Ancelotti in first three games at same stage last season".

What we are pointing out is someone has an agenda, to push a narrative of acceptance somewhere and some of us dont like to be drip fed, coerced to a narrative of acceptance or influenced however subtly. Who, how and why that is happening is very interesting systemically.

Last edited:
You are missing the point, the media are pushing a narrative to media manipulate the digestibility of the appointment that clearly a lot of fans have an issue with. I dont know about anyone else but i can make my own mind up without back ground noise or the media pushing a prevailing narrative of acceptance, or speculative headlines.

Its a stupid headline, as its speculative and not fact, you can frame it any way like as a result. For example," Everton manager has 33 points to acquire to stop Everton getting relegated", "Everton manager fails to out do Ancelotti in first three games at same stage last season".

What we are pointing out is someone has an agenda, to push a narrative of acceptance somewhere and some of us dont like to be drip fed, coerced to a narrative of acceptance or influenced however subtly. Who, how and why that is happening is very interesting systemically.
Hardly surprising from the Red Echo.
Only Kopites read it anyway. Facht!

The only validity the dwindling minority who want Benitez out have in any of their otherwise ridiculous statements is that Benitez has reach into the local media and will use it. Not that he'll need to resort to them, as he's easily good enough to get us the required results we need to stay competitive in the top half. But he has a lot of power to weild locally - a lot of gold bricks built up to spend in tems of goodwill from the media...national media too.

In short: he's bomb-proof if he finishes us anywhere between 12th and 1st this season, for sure. Season after he'd defo have the top half as a must be reached target. But these are all easily reached targets.

It's looking grim for the people sticking to their position of not supporting the club while he's here, which is why I keep imploring them to drop their opposition and rejoin the fold.
I'm not sure ive read or heard of anyone not supporting the club while he's here.

The manager can be disliked even hated like Allardyce , doesnt mean you have got to turn your back on the club.

Remember you pinning your colours firmly to the Martinez mast when the majority wanted him out the club sharpish.

Not much different to now.

Support the Club....Forever.
Support Benitez...Never ...Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.