2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first goal will be key in this one mate - we need an early one to settle the crowd down Burnley will come to make it awkward and try hit us on the break.

I would play Keane & Mina for this one as we need to match them aerially.

Be interesting what team Benitez goes with / who is available.
yes mate... I am actually interested in watching the Everton performance this weekend. It's been a while since I have said that.

I think you can broadly split the teams in the league into three categories (at the risk of over-generalising)

• Top 6-ish teams who you would expect to dominate possession against us and we would be underdogs against
  • Teams outside the top 6 who play a vaguely attacking brand of football
  • Teams outside the top 6 who play a defensive brand of football
There's one or two teams like Leicester and West Ham who don't necessarily fall into the categories above, but it works for most teams.

Benitez has got off to a great start, but we've really only played teams from the 2nd category. On Monday night we come up against a team who fall into the third category, it's a whole different kettle of fish where the onus will be on us to break them down rather than them pressing us high or us being able to exploit their attacks on the break. It'll be interesting to see how he does with this - personally, it's the one area I think we've struggled with a lot in recent years owing to our inherent lack of creativity but it's also the one type of game I thought Benitez would really struggle with when he was appointed. I'm hoping I'll be wrong.

I think you can broadly split the teams in the league into three categories (at the risk of over-generalising)

• Top 6-ish teams who you would expect to dominate possession against us and we would be underdogs against
  • Teams outside the top 6 who play a vaguely attacking brand of football
  • Teams outside the top 6 who play a defensive brand of football
There's one or two teams like Leicester and West Ham who don't necessarily fall into the categories above, but it works for most teams.

Benitez has got off to a great start, but we've really only played teams from the 2nd category. On Monday night we come up against a team who fall into the third category, it's a whole different kettle of fish where the onus will be on us to break them down rather than them pressing us high or us being able to exploit their attacks on the break. It'll be interesting to see how he does with this - personally, it's the one area I think we've struggled with a lot in recent years owing to our inherent lack of creativity but it's also the one type of game I thought Benitez would really struggle with when he was appointed. I'm hoping I'll be wrong.

I think these types of games shows why we aint a top 6 team tbh.

The teams that have your Sterlings and your Salahs can break down stubborn defences with just pace and quality.

We should have enough on the day but the key is not letting them score an easy goal where they will hold on and sit back.

Grab an early goal and let them come out and play them on the break.

What's the story with the media massage for "the manager" in the Echo, every other day we have Townsend or Rondon coming out lauding the manager and then polarised pro-"the manager" stories and headlines. Seems like their is a purposeful agenda by the Echo in conjunction with the manager/club to be pro-"the manager". Your not fooling anyone.

Check out todays headline:

"Rafael Benitez inspires Allan change Carlo Ancelotti never could at Everton"

Sorry not falling for it.

What's the story with the media massage for "the manager" in the Echo, every other day we have Townsend or Rondon coming out lauding the manager and then polarised pro-"the manager" stories and headlines. Seems like their is a purposeful agenda by the Echo in conjunction with the manager/club to be pro-"the manager". Your not fooling anyone.

Check out todays headline:

"Rafael Benitez inspires Allan change Carlo Ancelotti never could at Everton"

Sorry not falling for it.

I said a few pages back im pleasantly suprised that the Red Echo hasn't been doing their best to try undermine the manager / fan the flames of discontent within the anti Benitez lot.

Very unusual tactic of them.

I said a few pages back im pleasantly suprised that the Red Echo hasn't been doing their best to try undermine the manager / fan the flames of discontent within the anti Benitez lot.

I’m guessing because they love him from his RS hero worship position , they wanted him to get the job from day one seems unlikely they’d undermine him.

Everyone is pumped about seeing Rodriguez work his magic. It is going to be great.

They would be better saving their money for QPR then. James won't be starting any league games any time soon.

I still don't understand this feeling that Benitez will just drop him into the side now that the window has ended. It's Benitez..... once he makes his mind up that he doesn't rate a player then they won't be playing much football.

I think either "the manager" or the club is drip feeding them to be honest, the echo will live and die by having their ear close to the ground, inside exclusives by the like of Phil Kirkbride, the trade off for this is these fans sweetening pieces we are seeing daily about "the manager", its media massaging fans to accept the appointment, wont be falling for it.

Cosy cartel.

They would be better saving their money for QPR then. James won't be starting any league games any time soon.

I still don't understand this feeling that Benitez will just drop him into the side now that the window has ended. It's Benitez..... once he makes his mind up that he doesn't rate a player then they won't be playing much football.
He'd be massively underestimating the strength of feeling from the masses wanting to see their superstar player.

I hear the lads from the taxi club have organised a Columbian drummer to be in the crowd. I'm not sure if they have or will need permission from the club but it'll be great fun and should add to a good atmosphere.

He'd be massively underestimating the strength of feeling from the masses wanting to see their superstar player.

I hear the lads from the taxi club have organised a Columbian drummer to be in the crowd. I'm not sure if they have or will need permission from the club but it'll be great fun and should add to a good atmosphere.

Genuinely don't think most people care about individuals or for the manager. They just want to see the team win.

A drummer? What is this MLS?

I’m guessing because they love him from his RS hero worship position , they wanted him to get the job from day one seems unlikely they’d undermine him.

In the circumstances it probaby works out best for us whilst results are going well.

The last thing we need is more upheaval the clubs desperate for a period of solid stability under experienced hands.

Underwhelmed with the signings, obviously. Nothing yet been determined however I think the lack of transfer dealings will come back to haunt us down the line.

I and others certainly havent been 'proved wrong' just 3 games in.

Let's see where we are at Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.