2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
watching this small debate over the last few pages, I think both sides are missing the point which was made right around the appointment. This was a needlessly divisive appointment which would do the opposite of uniting the fan base. This has come to pass! as seen in this forum, there is really no need to have Everton fans arguing with each other with such vitriol over a coach! Unless the upside of appointing him is so huge, it appears to have been a dumb thing to do
Divided? Or a very very very very small number relative to everyone else screaming very very very very loud?

Screenshot_20211006-180808_Chrome.jpg

For the record I wasn't a fan of Allardyce - but if he'd had had us playing good footy and improving to the point were we were looking like a top 6 side I would've been upset at his sacking because at that point I would've fully backed him.
I mean he took us from 15th to 8th in 7 months, who knows what he could've done with a full pre-season? You were happy with him being gone because of who he is, not what he did, yet you seem to find that sentiment unfathomable with a different protagonist. Weird.

Dave Watson was a far bigger red than Benitez ever could be. Watched them as a kid, started his career over there and was cheering for Liverpool against us in the 86 cup final

Our last trophy was lifted by him, a boyhood red, but does anyone hold against him his clearly red past? Not to my knowledge.

This 'kopite Benitez' stuff is just so tedious. He grew up supporting Real Madrid anyway.

Dave Watson was a far bigger red than Benitez ever could be. Watched them as a kid, started his career over there and was cheering for Liverpool against us in the 86 cup final

Our last trophy was lifted by him, a boyhood red but does anyone hold against him his clearly red past? Not to my knowledge.

This 'kopite Benitez' stuff is just so tedious.
See no offence I find this tedious to be honest , Why the constant comparisons ? I don’t understand it , your happy with the manager and who he is . I didn’t want him but I can get bite my tongue and get on with him being here as it’s success that drives me although being completely candid I’m a long way from being comfortable , whilst others don’t want him .

Why does it matter what side you fall on ? I think we’ve established about 300 times pretty much everyone just wants us to win so whether you believe he’ll be like Reid , Watson or Sheeds be a success and consider himself a blue when he goes , let’s face it he almost certainly won’t , or scurry back and dance at Istanbul re-enactments with his old mates it doesn’t really matter providing he fulfils his job spec here . We’re a few games in so personally I’m holding off on the statue but if he keeps winning then I’ll be more than happy , if you like him great then enjoy yourself but you can’t make somebody else ‘believe ‘ just because you do so why try and convert them ?

6% doubling down and making this place look devided down the middle with all their posting. While simultaneously asking people to stop filling the place with benitez praise.

Having the output 20 times more for every 1 evertonian that's happy with Benitez.

While asking them to reign it in.

You were wrong so I'll correct you. They started quick, they took the lead, we dominated. The first few months of the season we were very fun to watch.

Coincided with James being one of the most talented players in the league and before everyone started getting crocked.
First few months,???? I recall us playing Southampton, Newcastle etc and wondering what happened ....that wasn't too long in at all. Huge bubble burst.

And what happened when everyone wasn't crocked? Was that when James wasn't bothered anymore or was that Ancellotti .....

Anyway.... You know where I'm going with this.

See no offence I find this tedious to be honest , Why the constant comparisons ? I don’t understand it , your happy with the manager and who he is . I didn’t want him but I can get bite my tongue and get on with him being here as it’s success that drives me although being completely candid I’m a long way from being comfortable , whilst others don’t want him .

Why does it matter what side you fall on ? I think we’ve established about 300 times pretty much everyone just wants us to win so whether you believe he’ll be like Reid , Watson or Sheeds be a success and consider himself a blue when he goes , let’s face it he almost certainly won’t , or scurry back and dance at Istanbul re-enactments with his old mates it doesn’t really matter providing he fulfils his job spec here . We’re a few games in so personally I’m holding off on the statue but if he keeps winning then I’ll be more than happy , if you like him great then enjoy yourself but you can’t make somebody else ‘believe ‘ just because you do so why try and convert them ?
I'm not trying to 'convert' anyone. I hardly post in this thread anyway. Just putting down a few of my own thoughts if that's ok with you?

I'll freely admit I had Benitez down as a busted flush, he's making a bit of a mockery of that (and me) so far. Full credit to him.

Have to say though, some of you need to give it a season before you really start trying to twist the screw on other blues for not liking him. This thread is already on a knife-edge without the nuclear gloating.
Same, I was convinced he was past his best and required standard for us. Glad to be proven wrong.

The Liverpool connection doesn't bother me anywhere near as much now either. He's shut it down pretty quickly when it's been mentioned. He's not stupid.

I mean he took us from 15th to 8th in 7 months, who knows what he could've done with a full pre-season? You were happy with him being gone because of who he is, not what he did, yet you seem to find that sentiment unfathomable with a different protagonist. Weird.
15th???? 13th we were. Spent £50m on 2 crap players and had Baines and Coleman return and delivered the worst football I've seen as an Everton fan for a few extra places.

Garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.