2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reliance of 2 bargain basement wingers due to the fact both our top scorers have been missing. Because of the dual threat they can't mark both out the game so one isn't expected to carry the weight and hopes of the whole side and doucs has become a more attacking outlet too, but it wouldn't matter how much logic I throw at you as you've already set in your mind no matter what. Like it or not (for now) he's turned us into a better side.

Don't tell him, but does he realise we had our two main strikers missing and our first choice right back, take Mane and Salah out of Liverpool and for a start that's a 2-0 loss on Sunday.

2EFF4417-74F9-4B3F-942F-8967BD582A1A.jpeg

This is what’s impressed me most. Actually getting a tune out of the players, understanding their strengths and working hard to improve them through fitness and tactics.
Carlo brainwashed me with his stature but it was increasingly obvious we had the ‘new manager bounce’ with him. Very little substance or evidence of an identity or desire post Christmas.
Benitez looks like he’s bringing intensity and and identity - not only that, it’s an identity that we as blues identify with.
It’s early days but credit to the man, he’s doing lots of good things so far, hope it continues.

Reliance of 2 bargain basement wingers due to the fact both our top scorers have been missing. Because of the dual threat they can't mark both out the game so one isn't expected to carry the weight and hopes of the whole side and doucs has become a more attacking outlet too, but it wouldn't matter how much logic I throw at you as you've already set in your mind no matter what. Like it or not (for now) he's turned us into a better side.
Bargain basement wingers are the way to go. If Gray can bring half the joy we all felt from the absolute bargain Everton hero Steven Pienaar we'll be on to a winner. ?

View attachment 141070
This is what’s impressed me most. Actually getting a tune out of the players, understanding their strengths and working hard to improve them through fitness and tactics.
Carlo brainwashed me with his stature but it was increasingly obvious we had the ‘new manager bounce’ with him. Very little substance or evidence of an identity or desire post Christmas.
Benitez looks like he’s bringing intensity and and identity - not only that, it’s an identity that we as blues identify with.
It’s early days but credit to the man, he’s doing lots of good things so far, hope it continues.

I know people weren't happy Benitez wanted Longstaff in as a cover CM option but those stats are why - hard work, energy.

Longstaff may well come in either January or next summer and I would certainly have him over Delph/Gbamin/Davies in that holding CM role.

View attachment 141070
Interesting to note that Longstaff also features on that list ?

View attachment 141070
I've highlighted the relevant bits here. Every manager beginning with and including Moyes have had starts not entirely dissimilar to the waiters.

Lets wait a bit before cracking open the champagne.

I've highlighted the relevant bits here. Every manager beginning with and including Moyes have had starts not entirely dissimilar to the waiters.

It's gonna be a tough time for you whilst he is here, just think that every time we score, play well or win..... Your enjoyment is gonna be less than others, there's no getting away from it. That's a pity, nothing like being fully behind the team and watching them succeed. I've seen plenty of Everton setups where I disliked the identity of the team and this isn't one of them..... Quite the opposite in fact.

You will say you will be happy cos you are a blue blah blah blah ..... But you are so heavily invested in objecting to Sir Rafael that there will be that niggling voice in your head "oh no, GOT is gonna be unbearable"

What in this paragraph alludes to me cracking open champagne?

’It’s early days but credit to the man, he’s doing lots of good things so far, hope it continues’

I’m merely giving credit where it’s due whilst also stating it’s early days! Honestly mate, you are allowed to enjoy Everton doing well, that’s kinda the point after all..

What in this paragraph alludes to me cracking open champagne?

’It’s early days but credit to the man, he’s doing lots of good things so far, hope it continues’

I’m merely giving credit where it’s due whilst also stating it’s early days! Honestly mate, you are allowed to enjoy Everton doing well, that’s kinda the point after all..

No you’re not allowed to be balanced and reasonable. You must pick a side and an entrenched viewpoint NOW and stick to it.

We played better at start of last season but don't let facts get in the way

For about 7/8 games we did then it dropped off the cliff. Even in those early games where we were scoring a lot we were giving up chances galore. If you think we look better last season than we do now then fine, it's your opinion but you are in a very small minority.

We are giving up a load of chances now , we are also not playing as consistent. A good 30 mins vs Burnley doesn't hide the fact we abysmal for the 1st 60.
This has happened in all games except Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.