2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad's not great. Poor even, by the standards we expect as a club. But it's nowhere CLOSE to as bad as it's performing at the moment.
Yeah I agree with that, and he's got to go considering the position we're in.

It just frustrates me that these players are going to outlast yet another manager. The only thing about Benitez I like is that he seems to hate them as much as I do.

I feel exactly the same way.
Felt like the perfect appointment to me at the time. A fearless manager, somebody that knows how to build, how to set up against more talented opposition.
Even some of his fiercest critics were starting to come around after the Man Utd draw after what was a very good start.
How it all went tits up so fast and so dramatically... I really wonder what's happening. Playerpower? Rotten apples? Benitez overplaying his hand?

2-0 down after 20 minutes... How can you start a game without focus again? Unacceptable.

The Watford game ultimately looks like it was the point of no return. Players lost confidence and everything started becoming leaky and disorganised. Fan dissatisfaction grew by the week from that point on.

Status
Not open for further replies.