2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe there are managers who could do better

I also don't think it's fair to compare Benitez's only 13 games with Ancelotti's worst 13. Why not use Ancelotti's first 13 rather than his last?

Well, it was Everton's last 13 games last season vs first 13 games this season.

The point is, even Carlo Ancelotti had a torrid run which has ran into this season.

Changing Benitez now or anytime soon, doesn't give us anything of significance this season. The club have wrote this season off.

I wouldn't give Benitez, or Brands a penny to spend in January. We made that mistake with an interim boss in Allardyce and a DoF on borrowed time in Walsh when we paid a lot for Tosun and Walcott when we weren't achieving anything that season, or going down.

Ultimately...

A full fit Everton team and we're 6th-10th.

A few injuries and we're 10th-16th.

The margins between those league places are pretty small. We're as close to 5th as relegation right now.

It is what it is.

Even if nothing else, keeping Benitez is an economic necessity for the time being.

The idea of him getting sacked tonight is a fantasy - though I understand why many who never wanted him want to indulge in that.

I think (hope) he has always been a bridging manager. A slightly longer-term Allardyce appointment.
I agree totally with this , he will not be dismissed tonight whatever the result.
Our owner has run out of options and he is decided to make a stand for managerial stability on this deeply unpopular character.
There is a logic to it but for me the thought of this Spaniard embedding his football ‘style’ into our club is soul destroying.
Seasons of apathy inducing anti - football played by increasingly limited players (I’m looking at you Longstaff) while any exciting talent is sold (Farewell Richy).
All with a deeply uninspiring and unlikeable coach at the helm.
That’s assuming we survive this season which I’m far from convinced we will.

Nobody WANTS us to lose.
It's just that you'd have to be an idiot to think we are getting anything out of tonight other than a sore rectum
I get the lack of confidence
as we are really poor at the moment.
The only thing I would say that Brentford and Brighton got a result against these

If we work hard off the ball and get in their faces we can do something and give them a hard game. It’s not mission impossible

The point is, even Carlo Ancelotti had a torrid run which has ran into this season.

Changing Benitez now or anytime soon, doesn't give us anything of significance this season. The club have wrote this season off.

I wouldn't give Benitez, or Brands a penny to spend in January. We made that mistake with an interim boss in Allardyce and a DoF on borrowed time in Walsh when we paid a lot for Tosun and Walcott when we weren't achieving anything that season, or going down.

Ultimately...

The margins between those league places are pretty small. We're as close to 5th as relegation right now.

It is what it is.

I wouldn't stop them from getting some astute buys in Jan if they've had some on the radar for a while. We still have to bolster areas.

Totally agree with the rest though.

Ultimately...

It is what it is.

Agree with all that except January signings. I think we need two in to be 100% sure of safety - a striker for sure, as we can't go another stretch with Rondon, and a wide attacker, as we can't have Iwobi anywhere near the starting eleven.

We also need a playmaker, a centre-half, two full backs and a central midfield, but... well, they can't 'wait' as such, but you're right that we can't throw that money at it now, even if we could.

Ultimately...

It is what it is.
I don’t really disagree but I guess the question is how long do the club give Benitez if we keep losing week in and week out? We do desperately need a period of stability but that has to be allied with some evidence of progress on the pitch, even if it’s incremental.

Comparing Benitez's crap first 13 games to a horrendous run at the end of Carlo's reign and it only being marginally better speaks volumes.

Cling to your straws guys this guy is doomed come January.

Yeah how dare Benitez not vastly outperform Carlo Ancelotti, one of the games greatest managers, with a £1.7m spend and losing players we spent over £75m on in the summer. The monster.

No what ruins the board are people who have an agenda and use the middle finger emoji at anything positive. Unless you post negative comments people aren't welcome to post on here.
You are welcome to post here, people just want you to be honest. From your post history it seems you support Benitez, not Everton. You also insist on pretending you get nightly calls from Benitez keeping you apprised of his every thought.

Stop presenting yourself as an ITK and and Everton supporter and your opinions will be received less harshly.

59 points which saw us finish 10th last year? I don't think it's far wrong at all to say we've got the 10th-12th best squad in the league, 59 points gets you around about that pointless midtable mark these days

Yet a half decent home form would've put us in the top 7.

We won 6 home games, drew 4, lost 9.

22 points at home compared to 37 points away.

Ultimately...

It is what it is.

let’s struggle more then marvelous

Status
Not open for further replies.