2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think manager after manager has worked on many things in training but they don’t translate to match days. Multiple managers have said it. What they see in training isn’t what they see on the pitch.

I could honestly take arguments about Benitez not being very good, I could, if they weren’t absolutely futile against a backdrop of 4 other managers failing in exactly the same way. They can’t all be wrong. Not one of them has got it right apart from about 7 games under Ancelotti. I actually think Ancelotti worked tactical miracles at times to get us any points. The amount of games we came away from saying ‘Ancelotti won us that’ was enormous. Even then he couldn’t keep it up though and his team by the end was night and day from now they were playing when he first picked it up. Same as with Solva, same as with Koeman, same as with Allardyce. It’s just happened a lot quicker here. This team is now nowhere near the one that came back against Southampton and Burnley and Brighton.

This is not normal. Other teams don’t behave like this, especially not for multiple managers. I honestly can’t give you a single name that I’d be confident could get anything from them for longer than a run of a few games. Even take your Mourinho Conte Simeone etc. I think they’re some of the best managers in the game, I don’t think they’d last 12 months with us. There’d be a slight uplift at first, enough to convince them that some players might have a future, then the massive collective slacking off happens again and the manager is fired again. What is worrying is that after Ancelotti and Benitez we’re unlikely to get anyone even if that tier anymore. We’d be taking a complete punt on someone and these players will be rubbing their hands knowing that when it turns to rubbish, which they’ll ensure it will, Moshiri will have even less hesitation firing an unknown than he did Benitez.

It’s a horrible state of affairs, and honestly whether people are for Benitez going or think it won’t change anything, the club is rotten to the core. It wouldn’t even surprise me if Benitez walked. Moshiri is a complete clown, Brands and DBB are incompetent and useless, the staff at the club are about twenty years behind the rest in the prem, and the lying squad are a mutinous gang of utter cowards all just looking for their next contract.

Honestly I think we’d be left with hoping for a sentimental punt. That someone like Moyes would want us in any state, or that an ex player would take us on for their first managerial job. Anyone serious about enhancing their career though won’t be touching this rotting corpse with a barge pole.
It hasn’t damaged any managers career thus far , in fact most of our ‘failures’ have continued to manage at top level after we punted them.
Apart from Allardyce of course.

As Shearer was saying on MOTD, the chances are being created the team is working for each other but the attackers aren't there to put the ball in.
He wants us as low down the table as possible in case his Newcastle side win a couple of games, which the probably will do in the next couple of weeks.

Benitez has to be given another 12 months at the absolute minimum. Everton certainly have problems, but Benitez isn't one of them. He's had no money to spend, and no luck with injuries.
He's a stubborn get ,rondon on his knees because he's shabite bring someone on ffs they played all they're subs ,no not him .was open minded about him now can't be arsed with his stubborn attitude, not helping himself imo

I relly cant see Moshiri getting shut after less than half a season having handed the manager f.a. in the summer.

If we're not in the relegation zone, he gets the January window and at least up to Easter. It has to get a lot worse than this for any panic decision.

The injured will be back and players in.

We'll be fine whether Benitez stay or goes. I think we all know that. And this season was all about getting a grip of the new financial reality of being a club that looks down the back of couches for cash and/or sells its best players.

There were a few chances when Gray came which is when the great Spanish supremo should of bought on a second attacker .
Everyone could see that.
We weren't doing a great deal before Demerai came on .

Whatever people’s views on Benitez, Richarlison DCL and Gray are our top attacking players. All three were missing most of today.

We’ve had seasons where DCL and Richarlison have been fit all season and we’ve finished bottom half and been in these horrible scrapes. That shows how poor the team is even with two very good attacking options scoring goals upfront for us. Take them out for a large amount of games and what do people really expect the rest will do?

The only hope for a mid table fi win this season is that Doucoure Allan Rocharlsion DCL stay fit for most of it. If they don’t we’re in a bottom half scrap because that’s the standard of the rest of the squad.

I relly cant see Moshiri getting shut after less than half a season having handed the manager f.a. in the summer.

If we're not in the relegation zone, he gets the January window and at least up to Easter. It has to get a lot worse than this for any panic decision.

We'll be fine whether Benitez stay or goes. I think we all know that. And this season was all about getting a grip of the new financial reality of being a club that looks down the back of couches for cash and/or sells its best players.
Found that post yet?

As Shearer was saying on MOTD, the chances are being created the team is working for each other but the attackers aren't there to put the ball in.
Well we've created 54 chances in the last 6 league games. That's 10th in the league in that time. Scored 3 goals, the lowest total.

46 of those have been from open play, which proves just how utterly atrocious our set-pieces are, btw.

However, only 5 have been 'big chances' (i.e. really quality chances that you'd expect a player to score from, not just passes that led to shots). There's two teams worse than us - Newcastle and Norwich (both 4) - in that regard.

Benitez's biggest fault is his complete insistence that this 4411 system is the right way to play. It isn't, at all. He had the chance to show today, with Doucoure back, that he could be flexible, that he could adapt. That he could say yes, we need a three in midfield to build from and win that battle in the first half and go from there. Instead they just waltzed through us.

He wants us as low down the table as possible in case his Newcastle side win a couple of games, which the probably will do in the next couple of weeks.
He didn't say anything about the manger...none of them did. It wasn't an issue. And neither should it when your best attackers are out.

Whatever people’s views on Benitez, Richarlison DCL and Gray are our top attacking players. All three were missing most of today.

We’ve had seasons where DCL and Richarlison have been fit all season and we’ve finished bottom half and been in these horrible scrapes. That shows how poor the team is even with two very good attacking options scoring goals upfront for us. Take them out for a large amount of games and what do people really expect the rest will do?

The only hope for a mid table fi win this season is that Doucoure Allan Rocharlsion DCL stay fit for most of it. If they don’t we’re in a bottom half scrap because that’s the standard of the rest of the squad.
DCL has been out for 3 months yet Benitez hasn't changed the way we play without him.

He had the chance today to play a 3 in midfield of Delph, Allan and Doucoure. To match up Brentford and build from there.

He served up that.

It hasn’t damaged any managers career thus far , in fact most of our ‘failures’ have continued to manage at top level after we punted them.
Apart from Allardyce of course.

Doesn’t that just prove the point that something is wrong here?

Martinez goes to Belgium and has been linked with most top jobs since

Koeman to Netherlands and Barcelona

Ancelotti to Real Madrid

Even Silva is doing well at Fulham

All of them looked hopeless for us by the end. Why is that?

4022812485_f4a9f33406_b copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.