2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There surely can't be anyone defending this dinosaur of a manager? We are a disgrace, devoid of any clear plan and way to go forward. The manager is so useless he even kept 3 strikers on the bench with 2 subs left.
It was a bizzare , stupid appointment from Moshiri, one he now needs to rectify immediately and sack this fraud. Would rather go down on Wednesday fighting with Dunc roaring us on than seeing a kopite meekly watching us not laying a glove on them while their fans sing his name

A game in which we dominated possession, something Rafael was getting berated for last week. A game in which we also had 3 times as many shots as Brentford and more shots on target.

If DCL and Richarlison were playing, we would have beaten them today.
A game in which we created nothing despite having more of the ball than a terrible Brentford side. If only we had a player with a little bit of quality and creativity, I suppose Benitez is too stubborn for it to have crossed his mind that letting James go before the January window was a mistake. He drives our only creative player out of the club when he knows he can’t sign a replacement for months.

RB has inherited a shocking team for sure and I have been quick to defend him because of that even though I never wanted him.

However, I cannot defend his post match reaction today saying the players showed fight and fought for the cause. If that is what he sees then it stands to reason he is telling the players that they can carry on as they are and all will be fine. If that’s right then we have worse to come.

Even if he rolls the dice on Wednesday, lobs Simms and Dobbin as an example and we get battered and he says "thats why I haven't used them".....he would have had a better chance of taking that risk today and the majority of fans would have said fair play, he's changed the system and players.

He's put himself under massive pressure now for Wednesday, make no mistake any kind of defeat and the anger will carry over to Arsenal at home.

Today was the day to try something a little different, give someone else a few minutes.

I can cope with getting beat with inexperienced players who may/may not be good enough

I can't stand getting beat with absolute bottlers who are picking up a fortune week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.