2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true Tim, we have a problem moving players on, some do not want to go or will not because of the wage packet here, e,g. Tosun. Your comment on Iwobi is spot on, could also ask why did he keep playing Rondon.
As for picking Gordon it has already been pointed out Benitez is not one for giving youngplayers a chance to stick to "old experienced" players which explains quite a bit on the team selectons made.
I'm not even convinced it's that tbh, there is always a club somewhere that will take a player on some sort of a deal. I think it's got more to do with us being an awkward club to do deals with, that quote about Everton is the only club where you have to ring 3 people to get an answer on a player. I can imagine a lot of other clubs/agents not being bothered unless it's for a huge sum which in relation to the players most want to move on it wont be.

I'm not even convinced it's that tbh, there is always a club somewhere that will take a player on some sort of a deal. I think it's got more to do with us being an awkward club to do deals with, that quote about Everton is the only club where you have to ring 3 people to get an answer on a player. I can imagine a lot of other clubs/agents not being bothered unless it's for a huge sum which in relation to the players most want move on it wont be.

That is true but then you have fans complaining we let players go too cheaply, many examples of that on here.

The other side is, even when we had our full strength team, we have only controlled 1 and a half games and could have quite easily lost the games against Burnley, Leeds saints, other than for the 10/15min spells we had when we started playing.
But we didn’t lose. You can’t have it both ways. It’s like saying the game against WH we could have won if Iwobi didn’t fluff his lines.

He’s correct though. With no fans in the ground you might as well just play the games on a local park. As far as I’m concerned we still haven’t “won at Anfield” since 1999. We beat Liverpool for the first time in 11 years, yes, that’s a milestone.

It was more the use of the word “ledge “ tbh.

Wool behaviour of the highest order.

That is true but then you have fans complaining we let players go too cheaply, many examples of that on here.
We don’t let players go too cheaply, we pay too much for them, pay them too much and create our own problem when we try to get rid of them. We need to sort out our transfer policy, we seem to identify players we want and then lose them because we won’t pay market value and then find ourselves in a position where we buy lesser players for inflated prices and have to give them a wage which they don’t deserve.
I would rather pay over the odds for a good player we want rather than pay way over the odds on a panic buy.

It was more the use of the word “ledge “ tbh.

Wool behaviour of the highest order.

Wool behaviour is cry arsing over a comment made 15 years ago and holding a grudge ever since which sadly where the majority of the anger towards the manager originates from regardless of what they try spin it as.

Any self respecting Scouser should be ashamed of themselves getting wounded over something so soft.

We don’t let players go too cheaply, we pay too much for them, pay them too much and create our own problem when we try to get rid of them. We need to sort out our transfer policy, we seem to identify players we want and then lose them because we won’t pay market value and then find ourselves in a position where we buy lesser players for inflated prices and have to give them a wage which they don’t deserve.
I would rather pay over the odds for a good player we want rather than pay way over the odds on a panic buy.
Yeah I can maybe think Richarlison was the last one we got right in terms of going out and paying a big fee for a young player who we will probably make a profit on.

Some of our spending has been so bad it defies belief.

Wool behaviour is cry arsing over a comment made 15 years ago and holding a grudge ever since which sadly where the majority of the anger towards the manager originates from regardless of what they try spin it as.

Any self respecting Scouser should be ashamed of themselves getting wounded over something so soft.
Ledge though?!?!?

And back round to it all being about the comment which everyone explained it isn't about when he was hired.

You've gone in hard today doubling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.