Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that we want Benitez to fail. We just don't want him here, because his presence is causing discord angst and disharmony amongst the fanbase. Rafael Benitez has caused a civil war, to break out amongst the Everton family. We'll all be a happy family again when he's gone, and you pro Benitez cheerleaders, will be remembered for being on the wrong side of history.

It's not that we want Benitez to fail. We just don't want him here, because his presence is causing discord angst and disharmony amongst the fanbase. Rafael Benitez has caused a civil war, to break out amongst the Everton family. We'll all be a happy family again when he's gone, and you pro Benitez cheerleaders, will be remembered for being on the wrong side of history.
The Everton 'family' disagree every week so don't blame him.

This in spades. If he is unimaginably successful he will be here at most 5/6 years tops, it isn't long in the grand scheme of things. But we need someone to be here at least 3 years and steady the ship. If that doesn't happen we are going to get someone else who doesn't like Townsend or whoever, that season will be a write off - the next one will be the 'transition' season and so on.

Like him/hate him it doesn't matter, we need to have a few stable years, incrementally get better so when someone else comes in we are in good shape to carry on the upwards trajectory.
Sense!

Good post. You're on an upward curve recently Corky. Happy to have helped.

"Civil war" I think overall the majority of fans have accepted Rafael....

This is some weird political-sounding bs to me

Lol. We're never a happy family. We deserve Rafael. The gods of football have given us this manager, which ironically may be the thing that brings us success, and the chance of a harmonic fan base.

P.s. I have accepted our manager and will support him and my team while he's here. No single person is bigger than the club, yet many of you have turned your back on us. Shame on you.

Oh grow up will you. People don't want a proven manager all because he had a snipe at us years ago. People need to grow up

This in spades. If he is unimaginably successful he will be here at most 5/6 years tops, it isn't long in the grand scheme of things. But we need someone to be here at least 3 years and steady the ship. If that doesn't happen we are going to get someone else who doesn't like Townsend or whoever, that season will be a write off - the next one will be the 'transition' season and so on.

Like him/hate him it doesn't matter, we need to have a few stable years, incrementally get better so when someone else comes in we are in good shape to carry on the upwards trajectory.
Lots of good points there mate.
But I still think the stability argument is dependent on him actually being good and achieving some progress and development of the team, otherwise the period of ‘stability’ is just postponing the time until we get the person who will take us forward. The longer mediocre ‘stability’ goes on the more difficult he next improved phase is to make reality.
But it is obvious that the recent instability at manager level has been very negative for the club.
He may, miraculously, get much better out of these players broadly speaking than the previous two guys. He may do a brilliant trade involving James and/or one other. The biggest factors will be the quality of players he signs, the quality of players he brings through, then his acumen at using them.
Let’s hope we see ‘good’ stability rather than more years of going nowhere.

Who's we? Are you speaking for every Evertonian now?. I support Everton, not a particular manager and I think you'll find it's people like you who will be remembered for not supporting your Club

Lol. We're never a happy family. We deserve Rafael. The gods of football have given us this manager, which ironically may be the thing that brings us success, and the chance of a harmonic fan base.

P.s. I have accepted our manager and will support him and my team while he's here. No single person is bigger than the club, yet many of you have turned your back on us. Shame on you.
Total load of bollox mate. Perhaps one poster on here has suggested that he would rather Everton lose so Benitez gets the sack quicker. Everyone else is still behind the team and wants us to do well. It is possible to support the team whilst wanting a different manager you know.

Has anybody even said they are giving up their season ticket because of him? I haven't seen that but it's possible. My 3 mates have but they made that decision before Carlo left

I didn’t want the FSW & hope he’s gone soon, but that‘s hilarious ?

Status
Not open for further replies.