Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The aftermath of this appointment is going to last for years and years. The camp has been firmly split into two sides of the fanbase now. These sides will oppose each other on any matter from now until the end of time. What a mess this club has become.
I will definitely be looking at those who have hopped on board the Benitez train in distaste for a good while.

I don't know how any blue can stomach it nevermind being happy about it.

RB TOO.jpg

If you want a kopite who belittled the club to be our manager then you're a crap blue.

NEA
It's not a matter of wanting it, but realising that it has happened, and wishing our club to do well, regardless. I might baulk at a reincarnated Hitler, or Vlad the Impaler and so on, even if successful, but anyone else who can deliver results will mean I support the appointment.

I think people need a reality check. Apart form three years in the mid 80s and some decent efforts under Moyes Everton have not consistently challenged at the business end of the table. Now that is a period of 40 years!!! Everton are not suddenly going to carry all before them under Benitez or anyone else for that matter but I will still support them as they are my club ;)

Well next summer we will have money to spend - numerous big earners off the books such as James, Tosun, Siggurdsson, Delph amongst others - thats about £350-400k a week gone. You also have the new stadiums naming rights deal being in pay with USM which will hit the revenues and sadly more than likely a big sale of Richarlison or DCL similiar to Villa with Grealish this summer.

Essentially that means this summer if the budget is restricted Benitez largely gets a transition season somewhat in my eyes and no doubt the boards. Anything around 7th-12th is acceptable in the circumstances.
A complete apologist for your own agenda of slogging hoof ball. Calling for Ings and Dyche, a player who has given up in Zaha, and embracing the sale of our best player because he doesn’t defend is damning.

We don’t want to be Burnley in Royal Blue FFS!

If you want Everton to win regardless of manager, players, kit colour, weather etc. you're an Evertonian.

If you want Everton to "not do well" while Benitez is here, you're not.

Simple enough yes?
Yeah I can't stand the fat Kopite but you're right.

The only upside is that if it goes tits up Benny doesn't get to stink the gaff out for very long.

A complete apologist for your own agenda of slogging hoof ball. Calling for Ings and Dyche, a player who has given up in Zaha, and embracing the sale of our best player because he doesn’t defend is damning.

We don’t want to be Burnley in Royal Blue FFS

Out of curiosity what would be an acceptable season for you mate?

Bearing in mind weve qualified for europe once in about the last 7 years and currently have a net spend of about 900k whilst clubs like Villa, WHU, Leicester + the top 6 sides are splashing out on top quality players.

Out of curiosity what would be an acceptable season for you mate?

Bearing in mind weve qualified for europe once in about the last 7 years and currently have a net spend of about 900k whilst clubs like Villa, WHU, Leicester + the top 6 sides are splashing out on top quality players.
European qualification and all out for a cup is a reasonable expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.