Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah.
I never want us to lose.

Only ever put money on us once to lose and that was because I was genuinely skint and really needed to make some money and we were crap and certs to get beat.
( went 1-0 up as well )
The Man City game when we ALL wanted to lose and Barkley scored?

It's not about differing opinion though, because the opinion isn't derived from anything logical.

For example, if someone doesn't like someone based on their skin colour, I'd call them all sorts for it because that isn't a differing 'opinion'.

This is the same. It's illogical prejudice. They are hating someone based on a job they had once upon a time.

If you don't think Benitez should be Everton manager for other reasons, fine, and this doesn't apply to you - but if so you wouldn't be calling him a fat pig, especially before a ball was kicked.
Never called him a fat pig. Not really my style plus it's a bit kettle black in my case.

I didn't want him because of his anti Everton/Liverpool connections, because I think he's obnoxious and a hateful person, I don't like his managerial style or the football he gets his teams playing and to cap it all he wants to get rid of my favourite player.

Now for me all of those are genuine reasons. You may not agree but that doesn't make them wrong from my perspective

Never called him a fat pig. Not really my style plus it's a bit kettle black in my case.

I didn't want him because of his anti Everton/Liverpool connections, because I think he's obnoxious and a hateful person, I don't like his managerial style or the football he gets his teams playing and to cap it all he wants to get rid of my favourite player.

Now for me all of those are genuine reasons. You may not agree but that doesn't make them wrong from my perspective

Absolutely ridiculous.

The day after Ancelotti left, I ran a poll with all linked candidates. Only Ralf Rangnick had more votes in favour than Benitez.

There was no candidate, IMO, that you'd appoint on the grounds of they'd be given more time than Benitez.

I get the initial fume and kneejerk reaction. Still raging about it over a month later, to the point of personal abuse is a little odd to me.

You've got to let them get on with it now - all the fume and kneejerk reaction over the years has made Moshiri realise to not listen to fans.
Yeah its a little odd to me too as no amount of moaning and personal abuse is going to change the fact that he is in charge of the club that we all support and so we just have to accept it and give him his chance and hope that it goes well. TBF, there is nowhere near as much fume and abuse away from forums and social media now after a few weeks have passed and the fume and abuse that is still happening is mostly coming from the same people who are just feeding each other and going round in circles.

It'll be closed when the Kopite piggy in charge is sacked in September.

Patience.
You'll be lucky. The last thing we need now is more manager changes. I'm glass half full looking on the positive side expecting RB to end our trophy drought. Not counting the Floride cup.

You'll be lucky. The last thing we need now is more manager changes. I'm glass half full looking on the positive side expecting RB to end our trophy drought. Not counting the Floride cup.

I hope we lose the first four games, he gets sacked, and then we win the next 34 league games and the League Cup / FA Cup double.

Status
Not open for further replies.