Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never wanted Benitez, I absolutely detest him, but as someone mentioned earlier, he's already toast. It's only a matter of time till he goes; if he's lucky, next summer but more likely by Jan. He's been restricted to squad signings, we have no money to spend on anyone to make us measurably better, clubs like Villa are having a great window to ensure we finish lower than before, he's perceived as having pissed off James and told him he can go when he's the only world class talent (albeit a hut streaky) we have, and to top it all a vast amount of the fan base already absolutely hate him. I've had 35+ years of supporting Everton and have never felt more despondent before a season.

I never wanted Benitez, I absolutely detest him, but as someone mentioned earlier, he's already toast. It's only a matter of time till he goes; if he's lucky, next summer but more likely by Jan. He's been restricted to squad signings, we have no money to spend on anyone to make us measurably better, clubs like Villa are having a great window to ensure we finish lower than before, he's perceived as having pissed off James and told him he can go when he's the only world class talent (albeit a hut streaky) we have, and to top it all a vast amount of the fan base already absolutely hate him. I've had 35+ years of supporting Everton and have never felt more despondent before a season.

If you think the owners are looking to sack and pay off another manager in 6-12 months time you're drinking the kool aid.

Benitez is going absolutely nowhere barring a flirt with relegation. This team is good enough for 8th-11th at present - no way he's sacked for that in his 1st season with a limited budget.

But Benitez would have known the financial situation at the club and still signed up and the club gave him the position. Why will he be gone?

If you think the owners are looking to sack and pay off another manager in 6-12 months time you're drinking the kool aid.

Benitez is going absolutely nowhere barring a flirt with relegation. This team is good enough for 8th-11th at present - no way he's sacked for that in his 1st season with a limited budget.
You make some fair points here tbf, but I just feel that it's going to be a perfect storm of toxicity which he won't survive. If the start of the season's not great, it's going to get horrid very quickly.

But Benitez would have known the financial situation at the club and still signed up and the club gave him the position. Why will he be gone?
Fair point, I just feel it'll be taken out of his hands and moshiris by the results achieved and response by the fans to the results and the signings or lack thereof

You make some fair points here tbf, but I just feel that it's going to be a perfect storm of toxicity which he won't survive. If the start of the season's not great, it's going to get horrid very quickly.

The fans have to realise Usmanov is calling the shots now and doesn't care what they think or say on social media or a few boos at the match.

This idea that 40k Evertonians are going to storm Goodison and remove Benitez because we aint in the top 6 spots is pure fantasy.

The fixture list at the start of the season has been reasonably kind so IF they manage to get a few decent results it could make a difference but if the results are poor I agree that it would take cojones of steel to ride out the toxicity

The fans have to realise Usmanov is calling the shots now and doesn't care what they think or say on social media or a few boos at the match.

This idea that 40k Evertonians are going to storm Goodison and remove Benitez because we aint in the top 6 spots is pure fantasy.
Don't get usmanov is involved and we are scrambling around for average free pl players

I'm delighted we have nothing to spend. Its gotten us very far. Judging on the past ten years and the ten years before that we do better when restricted. Not arsed if we don't spend much. As if its gotten us anywhere before.

The fixture list at the start of the season has been reasonably kind so IF they manage to get a few decent results it could make a difference but if the results are poor I agree that it would take cojones of steel to ride out the toxicity
That word 'if' is doing a lot of heavy lifting there as you say!

Status
Not open for further replies.