Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Èv. Where its an endless slaughter of managers who have won more than we have for the passed 50+ years.

Been happening for nearly 60 years. Benitez doesn't get a free pass ... far from it, as the Board must have known. Hence the procession of accounts sweet talking him.

Now all get in line and praise him like good boys and girls.
Ballsy Ben will win us a trophy

On spite!

Not being from Liverpool or England for that matter I don’t hold the same feelings towards Benitez. I didn’t have to face hoards of LFC fans on a daily basis when he was there winning trophies. There were some of there fans knocking about in their replica kits but it wasn’t an everyday occurrence. Personally I couldn’t care less who he has managed or what he has won in the past, I care about what he can do in the future.I had hoped that the press had got it right for once and he had been promised big money to bring in top quality players to improve the starting 11. The 3 that have been brought in don’t fill me with optimism but there is plenty of time to go before the window shuts. I note the comments on here about ending our trophy drought but personally I would be content if we had a team of 11 players who were trying their best to win games and not the dross we have been forced to witness over the past while. My position is that Rafael Benitez is a blue now and I want him to be successful because I want Everton to be successful, I am sick of that feeling you get when we lose to teams who only have to show a bit of heart for us to capitulate.

Not being from Liverpool or England for that matter I don’t hold the same feelings towards Benitez. I didn’t have to face hoards of LFC fans on a daily basis when he was there winning trophies. There were some of there fans knocking about in their replica kits but it wasn’t an everyday occurrence. Personally I couldn’t care less who he has managed or what he has won in the past, I care about what he can do in the future.I had hoped that the press had got it right for once and he had been promised big money to bring in top quality players to improve the starting 11. The 3 that have been brought in don’t fill me with optimism but there is plenty of time to go before the window shuts. I note the comments on here about ending our trophy drought but personally I would be content if we had a team of 11 players who were trying their best to win games and not the dross we have been forced to witness over the past while. My position is that Rafael Benitez is a blue now and I want him to be successful because I want Everton to be successful, I am sick of that feeling you get when we lose to teams who only have to show a bit of heart for us to capitulate.
Been from Dublin. These scousers have it easy. Way more of them over here, more obnoxious and clueless.

The very fact he’s here and has worked at Chelsea shows what absolute scant regard he has for Liverpool. He’s just a mercenary mana free r, and has been quite a good one. He’s from the same cloth as Mourinho and Ancelotti, they’d have jumped to manage at Liverpool if the vacancy was offered. Most of these managers are the same, they love themselves and football before any individual clubs .

I think, from the transfers so far, the board may well have told him that he won’t be getting a big transfer pot and that his brief is to keep the ship steady while they balance the books. If this is the case, it may well get even uglier, even sooner than I thought.
if we were to hold onto all of our players this season and no new signings, I don't think too many Evertonians would freak out at that. It was the default position for David Moyes every year he was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.