Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing.

He took over with 10 games to go, with a game in hand, and 1 point away from safety.

In his own words, he wouldn't have took the job if he thought he couldn't keep them up. He should of.

When he joined, the gap from safety got wider. From 1 point from safety and a game in hand, he was relegated by 3 points (well, 2, but the goal difference made that in effect 3).

When he joined them...

View attachment 134067

He was in a straight fight with Sunderland. He had the advantage, an extra game and a better squad. He had these games to play;

View attachment 134066

He should have kept them up but he failed. In the massive key games, Sunderland, and even a relegated Villa in May - and against Norwich - he didn't deliver;

There's a lot you can try and credit to Benitez, but there's no success at all from his stint at Newcastle.
Spot on . he got out thought , out fought and out managed by large Samuel in a relegation battle . The PR machine which some would argue we’ve seen on here shuddered into action and suddenly he’s 17 points away from safety heroically fighting a reguard action akin to rourkes drift .

I’ll give him credit for promotion because a job had to be done and as regards his transfers he recognised he needed players for the task and brought them in and I’m actually ok with that but again it was hardly an incredible achievement it was a job done that was expected of him .

However this reinventing of history we keep seeing around this bloke is frankly a little tiring and also not far off delusional.

sunderland were in a much better place to avoid relegation than newcastle were

allardyce had 30 games to familiarise himself with that squad and get them ticking at the right time to put in a good run at the end of the season

benitez in comparison had 10 games

sunderland lost once in their last 11 games which included beating us 3-0 to guarantee survival on the 37th gameday

im sure the away fans were absolutely gutted that day to see everton lose 3-0 .... *cough* i mean to see newcastle get relegated with benitez in charge......

sunderland were in a much better place to avoid relegation than newcastle were

allardyce had 30 games to familiarise himself with that squad and get them ticking at the right time to put in a good run at the end of the season

benitez in comparison had 10 games

sunderland lost once in their last 11 games which included beating us 3-0 to guarantee survival on the 37th gameday

im sure the away fans were absolutely gutted that day to see everton lose 3-0 .... *cough* i mean to see newcastle get relegated with benitez in charge......
I was it was an absolutely disgusting performance

Laughing.

He took over with 10 games to go, with a game in hand, and 1 point away from safety.

In his own words, he wouldn't have took the job if he thought he couldn't keep them up. He should of.

When he joined, the gap from safety got wider. From 1 point from safety and a game in hand, he was relegated by 3 points (well, 2, but the goal difference made that in effect 3).

When he joined them...

View attachment 134067

He was in a straight fight with Sunderland. He had the advantage, an extra game and a better squad. He had these games to play;

View attachment 134066

He should have kept them up but he failed. In the massive key games, Sunderland, and even a relegated Villa in May - and against Norwich - he didn't deliver;

There's a lot you can try and credit to Benitez, but there's no success at all from his stint at Newcastle.
Away to the runaway league leaders and then a local derby to start his reign off there were hardly good games to get going. He struggled to find form in three of the first 4 games, then went unbeaten and against good teams.

The truth of the matter is that his players needed to get used to his methods and once they knew them they were more difficult to play against...which was underlined by the following Championship winning season.

I think that's the takeaway point for Everton from his stint at Newcastle.

Away to the runaway league leaders and then a local derby to start his reign off there were hardly good games to get going. He struggled to find form in three of the first 4 games, then went unbeaten and against good teams.

The truth of the matter is that his players needed to get used to his methods and once they knew them they were more difficult to play against...which was underlined by the following Championship winning season.

Takeaway cos FAT.

Takeaway cos FAT.
I'm loving that you hate having Benitez as manager. It makes me laugh.

It's sooo much easier wanting him to do well here but not being particularly bothered if he's sacked in a season.

You've made a rod for your own back here...and you're not the only one.

It's sooo much easier wanting him to do well here but not being particularly bothered if he's sacked in a season.

LOL

You fool, as I said the other day, if he does well, WE WIN, if he does badly, WE WIN.

You only win if he does well.

WE have the better deal.

So he didn’t lose to relegated Norwich and draw with relegated villa ? Because yours is your takeaway and mine is mine , I’m not saying it was a horrendous showing but win the Norwich game and he stays up or simply avoid defeat against Sam and he’s safe .

The idea that that relegation was a done deal before he arrived or out of his hands or he was helpless is just pony I’m afraid and if you’re peddling it to suit your agenda I’m not buying it .

like I say I’m not massively condemning him over it but it carry’s his share of responsibility that’s for sure .

LOL

You fool, as I said the other day, if he does well, WE WIN, if he does badly, WE WIN.

You only win if he does well.

WE have the better deal.
Everton do well if he wins; if he doesn't do well he gets binned.

That's thre only way of looking at managers. You give too much emphasis to them.....mind you, I'd have been fuming if Moyes had been made boss....but I'd still have wanted us to win.

I mean I just want us to win every game regardless of the manager I’ve never been cultishly wedded to any of them , my deep love for Howard Kendall aside .

That doesn’t mean I don’t think this bloke is the wrong appointment. At this minute I’m hoping he’ll tighten us up defensively and I suppose we go from there. with the odd addition , we can but hope , maybe he makes a fist of it and we can see some kind of improvement but I can’t see that without new players so if we’re hamstringing him from the start he has to be on a loser .

Status
Not open for further replies.