Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finished 10th under Ancelotti
We have downgraded our manager and squad since then. Other teams have upgraded.
We will be lucky to make the top half next season.
So you are just guessing or hoping?

We must be one of the few clubs that Ancelloti has not been sacked by. By all means he is a great as a manager but taking over already top teams in said countries is the total opposite of building a team.

We have to put up with Benitez and hope we do well. If we don't we will get rid and he can join the flux of failed managers over the years and in my eyes that includes Ancelloti.

I always have to hedge this by saying that I wasn't raised in Liverpool and I didn't/don't have to put up with RS every day of my life. So I have no stake when it comes to the feelings of those who don't want him because of his history.

With regard to his coaching acumen, his management style, etc. - I have to say that I'm encouraged. It's preseason, who really knows etc. but he seems detailed oriented, no-nonsense, willing to hold players to task - all qualities sorely missing in our run of crap managers.

He's making Carlo look poor in retrospect - for all of his nice comments about the beaches in Crosby and wanting to open the new stadium he didn't seem all that interested in drilling the team. I feel like this was his rocking-chair job, like he was gracing us with his presence, and FWIW I don't think he lasts the season in Madrid. I don't think he has the fire in the belly anymore.

Rafael didn't have to take this job, he knew he was going to get stick for it from both red and blue. Here he is and he's getting after it.

Early doors but I like him so far.

I'm at the point where I don't care who the manager is, I just want us to win games. Ultimately it's all about results, so I'm going to judge on the basis of those rather than anyone's past history.

It's a blank sheet at the start of every season, so go win things.

I think you’re being overly optimistic, it’s clear from our transfer business that we’re laying our cards on the table and saying we’re taking mid-table finishes for the immediate future.
I'd agree with you based on business so far.
However there is some time before the window closes.

I always have to hedge this by saying that I wasn't raised in Liverpool and I didn't/don't have to put up with RS every day of my life. So I have no stake when it comes to the feelings of those who don't want him because of his history.

With regard to his coaching acumen, his management style, etc. - I have to say that I'm encouraged. It's preseason, who really knows etc. but he seems detailed oriented, no-nonsense, willing to hold players to task - all qualities sorely missing in our run of crap managers.

He's making Carlo look poor in retrospect - for all of his nice comments about the beaches in Crosby and wanting to open the new stadium he didn't seem all that interested in drilling the team. I feel like this was his rocking-chair job, like he was gracing us with his presence, and FWIW I don't think he lasts the season in Madrid. I don't think he has the fire in the belly anymore.

Rafael didn't have to take this job, he knew he was going to get stick for it from both red and blue. Here he is and he's getting after it.

Early doors but I like him so far.
Your optimism and naivety are so cute.

Benitez was never my first choice however he's here and we have to get behind him as our manager to see how he does.

Not including Alladyce who was a stop gap We've had 4 managers since Moyes and all failed including Ancelotti who you all worshipped in which he went and done the dirty on you at the first opportunity.

Nothing wrong with giving the bloke a chance when the alternative isnt Conte or Poch its Potter or Pulis.

Agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.