Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see how the summer pans out, and the two new signings are decent squad players at least. But a part of me, does wonder are we seeing a downsizing of operations as such? The former rs manager, is bringing in the cast offs from that Newcastle team he relegated. That would be the glass half empty way of looking at it, and as longer Mister Benitez is here, the glass will always be half empty with me.

If he's properly backed by Usmanov, he will deliver, simple.
Napoli asked him twice to rejoin.
The new management at NUFC (lol) would've asked Benitez back after the takeover if they could.
Ask Valencia supporters.
If it wasn't for Ian Ayre he probably would've managed Liverpool again before they struck gold with Klopp.

He knows & cares more about the city than Koeman, Moyes & Ancelotti combined. He's tactically more sound than them as well.

Given time and money, he will make Goodison a fortress, give the team an identity, and you'll be in Europe. That's where Everton ought to be...
Yet another post bigging up Mister Benitez, from yet another patronizing and condescending, rs supporting pro Benitez cheerleader.

We'll see how the summer pans out, and the two new signings are decent squad players at least. But a part of me, does wonder are we seeing a downsizing of operations as such? The former rs manager, is bringing in the cast offs from that Newcastle team he relegated. That would be the glass half empty way of looking at it, and as longer Mister Benitez is here, the glass will always be half empty with me.
A week ago there was no mention anywhere of Begovic,Townsend,Gray,McKellen or Chukwueze.

The truth is that we have idea who the club are chasing as free transfer or expensive recruitment's.
The business done so far has been easily done as one was costing a championshop side too much, another was a free and Gray has a low release clause.

If we want to recruit more I Don't think they will be more low lying fruit.

I don’t blame Moshiri for turning the tap off, the guy has wasted millions. They need to knock on the head all the talk of European football and trophies though. Top half is the target now.

Thats the thing which amazes me....£55mil a season net spend but "Everton have spent a fortune". Nonsense.

The owner saying "we should be challenging for the top positions" when the value of our squad is low compared with our competitors.

He knows & cares more about the city than Koeman, Moyes & Ancelotti combined. He's tactically more sound than them as well.

One more thing i don't wish to get too defensive about Ancelotti, after the way he treated Everton, but his cv pisses all over Benny the Reds one. It leaves it dripping in urine. Benitez is very much a step down from Ancelotti, despite the growing number of rawk cultists on this site such as yourself, trying to brainwash people into thinking otherwise.;)

I assume the final scene in the pending run of 'YNWA' at the Royal Court will have been rewritten, seeing as how in the last two runs, (the actual) Mr Benitez walks on stage holding the champions league trophy aloft to the adulation of the cult. But there again, nothing surprises me these days.

The new management at NUFC (lol) would've asked Benitez back after the takeover if they could.
Ask Valencia supporters.
If it wasn't for Ian Ayre he probably would've managed Liverpool again before they struck gold with Klopp.

Given time and money, he will make Goodison a fortress, give the team an identity, and you'll be in Europe. That's where Everton ought to be...
The fact that he would do well in one of them echo quizzes “things only a scouser would know “ doesn’t really impact on his ability to do his job , if he performs then great but to many living local seems one of his biggest selling points and it hurts my head .

Ask Valencia supporters.

Dear RS,
Please stop sending in the Clowns

They are already here.

Lord Buckethead
x

With our transfer activity this appointment makes more sense. We have obviously decided to consolidate our position, either for 1 or 2 seasons while the expensive contracts for past bad signings unwind, or for the time it takes to build the new stadium. Either way it would signal a change in tack from Moshiri, and it's quite frustrating that he didn't target a more experienced manager and DOF when he first came to the club before sanctioning huge outlay.

Status
Not open for further replies.