Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
A genuine question.
How did you feel about Sheedy Ablett and others ?
Beardsley was hugely popular at Everton but came from Liverpool and certainly had his most successful days there.

I have always had a problem with people leaving Everton to go to Liverpool rather than the other way around.

I have only followed Everton for around 10 years.

Tony

I think we're in for a watershed season.

It feels like a desperate and failed half decade project of trying to leapfrog our way into the elite is at an end and something morer pragmatic is about to take its place.

I, for one, welcome that.

Last season despite Leicester playing so well and winning a trophy they felt unreachable to me based on how the club is run/recruitment policy.

It was West Ham who I looked at with envy - similiar club in terms of poor recruitment over the years and big money spent to now having pace and power in their side with a manager demanding the players worked hard every match.

If Benitez can do what Moyes did last season I for one will be happy.

People need to be realistic with their expectations, even if we miss out on europe next season I want to see progress in the team, more fight, togetherness etc. Something I can look at and say we can build upon for greater success the seasons following.

If he's properly backed by Usmanov, he will deliver, simple.
Napoli asked him twice to rejoin.
The new management at NUFC (lol) would've asked Benitez back after the takeover if they could.
Ask Valencia supporters.
If it wasn't for Ian Ayre he probably would've managed Liverpool again before they struck gold with Klopp.

He knows & cares more about the city than Koeman, Moyes & Ancelotti combined. He's tactically more sound than them as well.

Given time and money, he will make Goodison a fortress, give the team an identity, and you'll be in Europe. That's where Everton ought to be...

Your daughter marries a fat, lazy dosser who has never held down a job in his life. You spend the weeks leading up to the wedding pleading with her not to marry him and hoping beyond hope that she doesn't marry him. Day after the wedding "may as well just accept it", "maybe there are happy days ahead".

No? Didn't think so.
Is the fat, lazy dosser in your analogy supposed to be Rafael Benitez or Everton Football Club?

If he's properly backed by Usmanov, he will deliver, simple.
Napoli asked him twice to rejoin.
The new management at NUFC (lol) would've asked Benitez back after the takeover if they could.
Ask Valencia supporters.
If it wasn't for Ian Ayre he probably would've managed Liverpool again before they struck gold with Klopp.

He knows & cares more about the city than Koeman, Moyes & Ancelotti combined. He's tactically more sound than them as well.

Given time and money, he will make Goodison a fortress, give the team an identity, and you'll be in Europe. That's where Everton ought to be...
How many different accounts has Guillem Balagué got on here

An undesirable anchor who will likely do harm to something you love?

Possibly, only time will tell, the same could be said of any manager we were ever likely to employ.

I will still boo and hiss when needed but make no mistake I will cheer our manager when I feel its been earned.

The last several years Everton have dished up a lot of football that is far from pleasing, but still we show support, after all just being here and posting says it all.

We all want success for our beloved Everton, lets just give the man a chance I say, and I'm well aware there are plenty on here that wont!

Tony

Possibly, only time will tell, the same could be said of any manager we were ever likely to employ.

I will still boo and hiss when needed but make no mistake I will cheer our manager when I feel its been earned.

The last several years Everton have dished up a lot of football that is far from pleasing, but still we show support, after all just being here and posting says it all.

We all want success for our beloved Everton, lets just give the man a chance I say, and I'm well aware there are plenty on here that wont!

Tony
I hope he chokes on a spam fritter.

Status
Not open for further replies.