Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is in the current circumstances sadly we need to spend spend and spend some more.

The league is also very competitive - Aston Villa finished 11th last season yet have spent hundreds of millions and being honest played us off the park twice last season.
Not really. We came 10th last season. We were 14 points ahead of 12th. 10th is acceptable, just, for benitez (as its his first season) as it maintains where we are at. Anything below is not.

Not really. We came 10th last season. We were 14 points ahead of 12th. 10th is acceptable, just, for benitez (as its his first season) as it maintains where we are at. Anything below is not.

Ultimately depends on the investment this summer - you cant demand a top half finish unless we improve the squad/starting 11.

Man City
Man Utd
Kopites
Chelsea
Leicester
Arsenal
Spurs
West Ham
Villa
Leeds

At present time I wouldn't sit here and say we are that much better than any of those sides and have a divine right to be above them - we could easily finish behind all of them (we nearly did last season with the great Carlo Ancelotti).

The only team that finished below us from above have just spent £35 million on one player whilst we are signing Gray for £1.5 million.

We have to be realistic.

Imagine going back to 2006, and learning he was going to be our manager.... Seriously can't believe anyone that is backing him?!

Aside from the fact he's disrespectful bellend and manged that lot, he's done nothing since (aside from keeping the geordies up).

Moshiri has too much input and is clearly playing FIFA/FM (too much and badly)and doesn't give a [Poor language removed] what anyone else thinks.

Imagine going back to 2006, and learning he was going to be our manager.... Seriously can't believe anyone that is backing him?!

Aside from the fact he's disrespectful bellend and manged that lot, he's done nothing since (aside from keeping the geordies up).

Moshiri has too much input and is clearly playing FIFA/FM (too much and badly)and doesn't give a [Poor language removed] what anyone else thinks.
My Da was 14 when he made them comments. He is an arl arse and acting bitter about it. I'm a bit more open minded and will give him a chance.

I’m worried about goals, and the lack of them from this squad.
Joe Willock scored more league goals in his last 7 games than Townsend and Gray have scored combined for 2 years.

It’s going to be a slog this season without another player who can score a goal, especially if James leaves.

Usmanov is now in charge mate - Moshiri answers to him and his voice on the board (his nephew).
This is what I think, it's like Usmanov has said I will get you your stadium but we do everything my way, everything.
He is a very powerful fella, when you have his money and come from that part of the world they usually are.

Who'd have bought Kepa for £71M?
Not saying he’s not worth it, I’m asking who’s gonna buy him?. All the best teams in world have world class keepers bar United. But their buying Sancho and Varane so they wont have the money. So who else?.

Without Richarlison:

Pickford + Kean + James gets you that, IMO.

Yes, Richarlison is the family silver this summer. I'd prefer to keep him if possible, but if he's pushing for a move - which I think he and his agent will be - then sell him. We'd need circa £100M compensation though.
We ain't going to sell Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.