Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only one that seems fuming here is you mate, as people point out you're just wrong.

He installed a youth model, by sacking the academy director, gutting the youth academy and not bringing a single player through from said academy to make 50 games.

Outside of Torres and maybe Alonso (can't remember the exact fee he went for) I'm actually struggling to think of a single player he either brought through or signed that was sold for a big profit.

But no it's not Mensa, but it doesn't have to be to know what Benitez's strengths and weaknesses are.

I should say this to, the fact he doesn't build a youth model (in the way say a Rangnick does) could actually be a strength. I've been open to say I'd want a Rangnick, someone who builds sustainable youth models but clearly the owners are not massively bothered. He probably aligns quite well with what they want, and in a lot of ways with what most fans want. We are within 8 points of the CL. A smart tactical manager can probably get us there within a year or 2, however unattractively it will be done. That's his pitch and it could well play out.

He also seems to judge players in the 23-25 age bracket pretty well. As a club that seems to be where we have had most success. I hope that 's the age we/he targets. Hopefully Brands can help sort the academy out.
The gulf from academy to playing in a top Premiership team is vast.
Only very special talents like Foden can really manage it well and even he was carefully structured in when and how often he was allowed to play.
I expect that next season we will see Onyango get some minutes in the first team and that would be great for the academy if he does.
But, I think signing players in the 18-21 age bracket seems to be of interest to us and has worked well in terms of players and transfer fees received for some of them.
Loughman, Stones,Holgate,Vlasic,Braithwaite,Nkoonkou, DCL have been players hought in that bracket who have done well or made us a profit or both.

This has got to be the most depressing pre season I can remember, not looking forward to the new season at all.

Benitez now in charge allied with a gutless squad that has about much spirit as my year olds soiled nappy.

Truly depressing

Spot on. Totally depressing time to be a blue and I lived through the Walker days. Disjointed squad which need major surgery, a manager who has totally split the fabase regardless of what he does or doesn't do. An owner who clearly doesn't care less what the fans think.
All adds up to a thoroughly depressing season ahead

Oh come on. There were loads of training videos at the beginning with Ancelotti in full control of the sessions.
All we know is he is the manager, not swanning off to Madrid or wherever and he has a good record and is dedicated. Let us see what he does. Slagged us off once, about 4,000 times less than most of us have. If he bins Gomes he has my vote.

Spot on. Totally depressing time to be a blue and I lived through the Walker days. Disjointed squad which need major surgery, a manager who has totally split the fabase regardless of what he does or doesn't do. An owner who clearly doesn't care less what the fans think.
All adds up to a thoroughly depressing season ahead

Just like every other season, bar about half a dozen, in the past thirty years :(

Strangely though, I never lose the optimism I have always have in August.

And as such I am starting to get a tingle about the soon to be upon us new season.

COYBB :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.