Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is Id be the one saying ‘I’m not from there so I don’t really get it’. Because I wouldn’t.

But I’d be sound with that. I’m not quite sure why people have taken offence by the idea to be honest. There’s no way I could appreciate that rivalry like you do. Because I’ve never lived it.
I think the offense had to do with the tone of some posters that seemed to imply that we dumb Americans couldn't possibly understand an intense rivalry situation because we haven't physically stepped foot on the streets of Liverpool specifically.

The particular aspects of the situation that were specifically mentioned (being born into a particular team, ripping into each other constantly - whether aggressively or with some level of jocularity - while living side by side, just generally wearing your allegiance on your sleeve, etc. etc.) absolutely are things we've experienced here too. That was the point, I think.

As opposed to someone who gets it like Farhad Moshiri.

I think this is a different thing. Part of the issue is that the sport functions differently separate of the culture. Owning a team is automatic money over here. Relegation changes that.
Yes relegation is a big issue - and yes obviously other owners have failed as well. It’s just strange that so many of the limited American investors have been hounded out.

I knew the Rafatollah would win you over mate lol

In all seriousness I hope he does well - seems a decent fella outside of football. I always think in football players/managers have a perception in the media and it doesn't always reflect them off the field.

Look at Carlo for all the gentleman/respectful reputation he's bloody hardfaced and self serving as we've just found out. Dunc is the opposite where he has a fearsome reputation based on the pitch but by all accounts is a quiet bloke outside of football.

I think Benitez will work his socks off and isnt just in this for the money. Hopefully we back him to the hilt this summer as this squad needs gutting and injecting with some real pace and power.
I thought we could trust Carlo, and now I don’t trust anyone. Not Rafael or any other manager, these guys get to the top for a reason, Stab or be stabbed.
That said I’ll get behind Rafael, because everyone deserves a shot and following the team whilst wanting the manager out makes for frustrating viewing. I even watched some of Allardyces football to start.

Benitez takes his first training session at Finch Farm.

RAFA3..jpg

To the several members here who have stated they are leaving GOT and no longer following the Club I ask you to take a long hard look at yourselves
The club and football are bigger than that and bigger than you and your self serving dramatic “small minded” gesture
You cannot have a say in or opinion about the situation by walking out from it . You have no role in the dialogue
Like the appointment or loathe it it only defines. The club for a short time in its history
It is not the club
Walking away is not the way and neither is threatening another human being because he wants to work for our great football club
Get over yourselves this too will pass

So not Spurs because they don't want him but maybe West Ham or Leeds who don't need a manager? Any job he could have actually taken instead of the Everton job? Because he's been on the dole since January and even Crystal Palace didn't want him. He's not an in demand manager. Nobody else wanted him, he had to go to China for his last gig, ffs.
He obviously went to China for the money. Just like people go to UAE for the money. There’s nothing wrong with going and trying something for a few years, at least he dared to try something new.

Also I said IF Leeds or WH were available which they are not but if they were he could potentially get the job there.

The only one - it doesn’t support your point when all the others have failed - so I think all you’ve probably done there is antagonise further
I'm playing with that. It's interesting though as I'm not even sure when a Birtish owned club won the league. I assume Arsenal 03/04?

Frankly American investors have done fine but a lot of them get a negative reputation from the start so short of being Abromovich they have no chance. I mean have the Glazers really been that bad? I get the financials are a mess but on the pitch?

Hopefully in two years we hire Jesse Marsch.

New number plate design:
But I'm not trying to do that.

Since you feel the need to go all explain mode to me I'm going to give you some just for fun.

The intracity thing doesn't matter here. Americans grow up with a different appreciation of space than you all do. Boston and NY is a big rivalry and they are the same distance apart as Merseyside and London. It doesn't matter. Same as Seattle and Portland being probably as far as Southampton and some point on Scotland are apart. It's unique the same way you all are and no one is better.

I'm on your side, I understand this hurts, stop taking shots.

Its not the same though is it.

Evertonians and Liverpudlians come from the same families, grew up on the same streets, go to the same schools, drink in the same pubs etc. Thats not the same as a rivalry between 2 teams in 2 cities that are 180 miles apart. The appreciation of space is irrelevant for this comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.