Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do, of course, keep up with training techniques and tactical changes in the game. However, when under pressure they revert to what they know. Very few managers maintain a high level of success for decades. Like almost all professions a younger generation with new ideas and more energy and enthusiasm usher out the older generation.
That's all it is, new people come into the state of play with new ideas and if they are successful, everyone copies that model for 5 years until someone new comes along, they also hire younger coaches, it's just a daft thing to beat someone with as I guarantee the dinosaur knows more than us lot.

I wish I could find out why someone like Galthier turned us down. The guy would have been PERFECT here instead of this fat dour dinosaur.
Possibly didn't want to come in finding he has to sell players no one wants before being able to buy. Another possibility is that Everton are not in Europe meaning he has to build a team with no money available. Not very tempting

That's all it is, new people come into the state of play with new ideas and if they are successful, everyone copies that model for 5 years until someone new comes along, they also hire younger coaches, it's just a daft thing to beat someone with as I guarantee the dinosaur knows more than us lot.
That's not really a qualification for anything though, is it? None of us are going to get the Everton job. The dinosaur needs to know more than 19 other coaches in the PL (or at least most of them), that's what we need. Does he? Didn't look like it at Newcastle or when he went into semi-retirement in China.

That's not really a qualification for anything though, is it? None of us are going to get the Everton job. The dinosaur needs to know more than 19 other coaches in the PL (or at least most of them), that's what we need. Does he? Didn't look like it at Newcastle or when he went into semi-retirement in China.
I am not sure what that has got to do with someone's knowledge of the game though, very strange, if you go on what they've won in their careers he'd still be above most in the prem, I am not a fan of Benítez but at least beat him with stuff that makes sense.

I think that you might be right. Grey and Townsend to cover the wings as the likes of Richarlison and James will need time out over the season. And a back up keeper if they think it's necessary.

I hope that this does not include right back though and any outgoings means we might be able to do business elsewhere.

Rather uninspiring but we go with what we got for now I guess.

If James is here when the transfer window closes I don't see him starting many games under Benitez anyway.

I am not sure what that has got to do with someone's knowledge of the game though, very strange, if you go on what they've won in their careers he'd still be above most in the prem, I am not a fan of Benítez but at least beat him with stuff that makes sense.
This winning stuff argument becomes less powerful with every season that passes between the last victory and the present. All that proves is that he HAD knowledge of the game. The game moves on, if he was still competitive he would be at a competitive club. He's not, he hasn't been for some time, now he's with us and it seems as though there were no other takers. If his knowledge of the game was so expansive he would have done more in the game in recent years, no?

If benitez finishes top 10, I will be incredibly surprised but I'll also admit that I was wrong. I still won't like him or want him as our manager, but I'll accept it as he will have done better than i expected.

For me, 10th is minimum requirement with a similar points total to last season. We have the same, arguably better squad than last year (upgraded Bernard, gbamin and kean back) and the drop to 12th was what, 14 points? He has a safety net there.

Can't see it though and think we will be 12th-14th. But I hope I'm wrong.
Let's see what the squad looks like when the transfer window shuts. Could be weakened from last season, could be strengthened.

Aim for me is top 10 but ultimately its a transition season as long as we are 12th+ its a case of judging the following season which would be the acid test.
hahaha
Is the Kopite Kool Aid wearing off?
It was Europe when he signed, then top ten, now 12th+, give a couple of games and you'll be down to praying to just stay up like the rest of us.

hahaha
It was Europe when he signed, then top ten, now 12th+, give a couple of games and you'll be down to praying to just stay up like the rest of us.
There was some comment a few days ago where he named 5 teams that should finish below us, so 14th would be good enough. It's laughable.

Been transitioning as a club for 6 years now, can't wait to see what we turn into.

Let's see what the squad looks like when the transfer window shuts. Could be weakened from last season, could be strengthened.
I think it will be strengthened but not by much, time will tell if Gray and Townsend are squad additions or for the starting 11

hahaha

Thats because when he signed none of us knew he would only be given £1.5 million to spend.

Anything above 12th is acceptable based on the current squad in his first season lets be honest.

Though by now I would have got used to him joining us, I simply have not. Its not that he used to be a manager for the other side its just that he is simply no good anymore and probably see's this appointment as a easy way to make a bit of money . I am dreading this season and if we get off to a bad start its going to be an almighty struggle and it will be complete toxic at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.