Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
This manager kept the geordies in mid table, whilst operating under financial constraints. I would imagine this is what made this manager, an attractive proposition to Moshiri, who quite obviously now, wants to reduce spendings on player transfers. So the board as they have proven with this appointment, could not give one flying eff about what the fans think. They just wanted a nice safe boring managerial appointment. They were too scared to risk everything, on a more exciting/adventurous type of manager. Benitez is collecting a nice handy pay cheque, to keep us mid table until the stadium is built. It's all just a matter of joining the dots here.

Last edited:
Funnily, Bruce has finished higher last season than benitez ever did with them. And has arguably made a better signing for them in ASM than any of Benitez' signings for them.
Benitez finished 10th the season after winning the championship. Bruce highest was 12th.
Also check the differences in goal difference. In his last season at Newcastle, they conceded less goals than Manchester United and Arsenal....
That's why the geordies would have him back.

The man is capable. Face it.

Benitez finished 10th the season after winning the championship. Bruce highest was 12th.
Also check the differences in goal difference. In his last season at Newcastle, they conceded less goals than Manchester United and Arsenal....

Capable of what keeping a team mid table? He might have been a top manager back in 2004/2005, but that's nearly 20 years ago now.?

Torres, Mascherano, Agger, Xabi Alonso, Insigne, Kuyt, Lucas, Koulibaly, ...
Dubravka and Almiron at NUFC, both are good purchases considering the budget he was on. And obviously om forgetting other players (Higuain)

Most of them were unknown until unearthed by Benitez, whilst never having the cashflow of the Manchester clubs

The entire NUFC Point is not valid. Just dive into the Newcastle Chronicle archive.. you'll find how well liked he was.

Give him five years and i'll suspect kopites wont be flying his flag anymore...
5 years! :D He'll be doing well to last 5 months here.lol

Yeah, you are right. It was points wise Bruce did better than benitez ever did. But 10th on 44 points shows how crap the league was. Needed 59 points this season.

The football is awful and the geordies all say that. He is capable of crap football and narrowly hitting the magic 40 point mark.

Yeah, you are right. It was points wise Bruce did better than benitez ever did. But 10th on 44 points shows how crap the league was. Needed 59 points this season.

The football is awful and the geordies all say that. He is capable of crap football and narrowly hitting the magic 40 point mark.
10th on 44 points shows how strong the league was, with everyone capable of taking points of everyone else.

10th on 59 points means that the teams down the bottom aren't capable of making a fight of it.

The more i think about it, the more i think that the way this Summer has went, is that it is exactly the reason why he was brought in. Get us through this horrible period were we need to balance the books and we're coming to the end of the contracts of a vast majority of the big earners that we wanna shift.

Think he showed at Newcastle that he can keep a team semi-competitive with f all to spend. This squad is not awful by any stretch, there's still a lot of good players for him to work with here.

10th on 44 points shows how strong the league was, with everyone capable of taking points of everyone else.

10th on 59 points means that the teams down the bottom aren't capable of making a fight of it.
Depends on how you view it. I'd say that it shows most teams weren't very good and couldn't get consistency.

Didn't even manage a new manager bounce, out thought and out fought by Sam Allardyce. Best manager we could get.
I see now why you are so dead against this appointment. You actually believe he is worse than Allardyce. I can only imagine how happy you are going to be when reality dawns.

So, we should be grateful that we've got a manager who managed to finish 10th after we just lost our manager who many felt underperformed and finished 10th? Progress!

This shower of players couldn't turn it on for one of the greatest club managers of the past 20 years, so what hope does Benitez have?

He might fail here, but he's hardly been given adequate tools to work with and the FFP restrictions mean he's going to have to scrimp and save to build as good a side as he can

He hasn't really done his part in establishing a good relationship with the fan base, but I think we need to just accept that now and back the team because otherwise this season could get ugly and fast

Status
Not open for further replies.