Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense, he has the same squad, so what does he bring to the table that other managers don't? He's getting twice the wages most managers do so what's he doing to earn it

The same squad everyone on here was crying about last season and that Carlo needed to be "backed to the hilt" this summer?

Benitez doesn't have the luxury of having games with fans at GP whilst 16 other clubs couldn't for a number of weeks either which we benefitted from massively - take those points away at home for that period we likely finish bottom half again under the great Ancelotti.

The same squad everyone on here was crying about last season and that Carlo needed to be "backed" to the hilt" this summer?

Benitez doesn't have the luxury of having games with fans at GP whilst 16 other clubs couldn't for a number of weeks either.
So the same squad as I said, now many games in front of how many fans? What is he bringing to the table that other managers wouldn't?

United beat Benitez's Everton 4-0. It's a story. It's not a conspiracy.

We're crap and that's why the only reason we're not entirely irrelevant is because we've hired Benitez, who our fanbase don't like.
But as I said not another article on a preseason game. QPR put four past United...stum.

They are all fair points but you can draw a list up of every available manager we could have realistically gone for this summer:

Moyes:

1. Won nothing in a decade at the club
2. Said nasty things about us when he joined Utd
3. Got relegated with Sunderland and done nothing at Utd and Real Sociedad

Nuno:

1. Largely only signs players Mendes has on his books
2. Wants 50 back room staff
3. Never won a trophy of note
4. Couldn't take Wolves further than 7th

Potter:

1. Struggles in handling pressure from Brightons fans
2. Has the best recruitment system of all time at Brighton yet only finishes in the bottom 6
3. Only manager in history to lose a game of football after the final whistle had blown

Pulis/Alladyce speak for themselves and Favre bottled the Palace job last minute and done a runner he wouldn't have lasted two minutes the moment our fans turned nasty.

Im not a Benitez fanboy I never wanted him here I was all for a punt on Galtier but the reality is he's here, he is similiar in style to Ancelotti who had the squad in the talk for Europe and he's a no nonsense manager who wont let the squad run rings around him.

Get behind him instead of trying to undermine him and the club before a ball has even been kicked.
Given up on him already.

What a mess.

You're asking what he 'brings to the table' and what he's doing to 'earn it', when he hasn't managed Everton in a competitive game yet.

Those questions would make sense after 20 games and we were 15th or something.

But we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet.
I'm asking why employing a divisive manager, who was unemployed,paying him that amount of money , what does he have in his locker to justify it

You're asking what he 'brings to the table' and what he's doing to 'earn it', when he hasn't managed Everton in a competitive game yet.

Those questions would make sense after 20 games and we were 15th or something.

But we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet.

And the best thing is if he does fail which is more likely than not as every manager bar Simeone & Conte would fail with this squad you'll get the "I told you so" comments.

No one expects him to win us a trophy all I want is to have pride watching us again and for solid foundations to be put in place to allow us to build towards future success.

People think we can go from the last 7 years to Leicester in the space of spending £1.5 million its mind blowing.

And the best thing is if he does fail which is more likely than not as every manager bar Simeone & Conte would fail with this squad you'll get the "I told you so" comments.

No one expects him to win us a trophy all I want is to have pride watching us again and for solid foundations to be put in place to allow us to build future success towards.

People think we can go from the last 7 years to Leicester in the space of spending £1.5 million its mind blowing.

If he finishes higher than 10th with that squad, he's vastly outdone Ancelotti over his time here.

That's the bar for him - logically anyway. Of course, he'd have to win the treble to stop certain people on here wanting him dead for 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.