Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if he’d never been at the pit 90% would have said yes. It’s unfortunate but Carlo dropped us in the crap. I don’t remember a long line of decent managers knocking on our door wanting to take over. Benitez really wanted it because he has something to prove. The worst that can happen is he fails, just like our previous list of managers and gets kicked out. The best that can happen is that he wins something. Notwithstanding his previous association with the RS and his previous comments, I think the man will work his nuts off for our benefit. We really have nothing to lose…..

Yep, We don't have anything to lose because we have already lost something from the appointment anyway so I suppose things can only go up from here...

And if he’d never been at the pit 90% would have said yes. It’s unfortunate but Carlo dropped us in the crap. I don’t remember a long line of decent managers knocking on our door wanting to take over. Benitez really wanted it because he has something to prove. The worst that can happen is he fails, just like our previous list of managers and gets kicked out. The best that can happen is that he wins something. Notwithstanding his previous association with the RS and his previous comments, I think the man will work his nuts off for our benefit. We really have nothing to lose…..
You are right about his association with Liverpool being the elephant in the room (no pun intended).
I have not got a problem with his comments years ago it's just that he is part of there folklore and I can't really get past that.
All that said he has certainly got balls taking the job on and could turn out to be exactly what we need.
I honestly do want to see him succeed but it could all get very messy very quickly.

It's not different at all, if it was right to stick up for Carlo it's right to.stick up for Bemitez, in fact its more important to stick up for Rafael since he hasnt as of today been a terrible manager for us.
The difference is carlo has always been an adaptive manager, he changes systems to suit personnel throughout his entire career; no set formations or tactics. The kopite pigs entire system is negative, out to the wing, swing crosses in and defend a 1 goal lead management style

The difference is carlo has always been an adaptive manager, he changes systems to suit personnel throughout his entire career; no set formations or tactics. The kopite pigs entire system is negative, out to the wing, swing crosses in and defend a 1 goal lead management style
All of which is meaningless twaddle, adaptive manager, is that a fancy way of saying he was pathetic for Everton? His lack of desire was obvious, so was his commitment, as for his home form it was shameful.
If he was here still would you criticise fans who stick up for him? Or would you want him sacked?

You are right about his association with Liverpool being the elephant in the room (no pun intended).
I have not got a problem with his comments years ago it's just that he is part of there folklore and I can't really get past that.
All that said he has certainly got balls taking the job on and could turn out to be exactly what we need.
I honestly do want to see him succeed but it could all get very messy very quickly.
It's been messy since Moyes left, in fact it was messy at time then too, if things arnt smooth from now until Christmas you cant blame Benitez, not with the mess he is brave enough to take on

All of which is meaningless twaddle, adaptive manager, is that a fancy way of saying he was pathetic for Everton? His lack of desire was obvious, so was his commitment, as for his home form it was shameful.
If he was here still would you criticise fans who stick up for him? Or would you want him sacked?
His home was bad and nobody is defending that, but we had one of the best away records in the league, so the counters the lack of desire argument straight away. He delivered 59 points which in most seasons is Europe and we were still in the hunt for CL in March

His home was bad and nobody is defending that, but we had one of the best away records in the league, so the counters the lack of desire argument straight away. He delivered 59 points which in most seasons is Europe and we were still in the hunt for CL in March

End result was 10th mate. Conceding more than we scored.

No hiding that.

If Benitez finishes above 10th, then he outperformed Ancelotti.

Another characteristic of Carlo is that he dropped us right in the brown stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.