Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
European qualification and all out for a cup is a reasonable expectation.

Reasonable when we've qualified just once in near a decade and are currently buying from B&M?

I would say more hopeful.

I would be dancing around with a 7th placed finish at this point as its highly unlikely we'll finish anywhere near the top 5/6 spots and thats not down to Benitez its our current FFP situation.

Reasonable when we've qualified just once in near a decade and are currently buying from B&M?

I would be dancing around with a 7th placed finish at this point as its highly unlikely we'll finish anywhere near the top 5/6 spots and thats not down to Benitez its our current FFP situation.
Who are we buying from Borussia Mönchengladbach?

Doesn't exist as FFP only applies to those clubs competing in Europe.
Were we to qualify for Europe at the end of the coming season, then FFP would become an issue.
Currently we're liable for and bound by Premier League Profit and Sustainability rules.

We were outsiders for Champions league with 6 games to go, Europe seemed ours to lose.

Saying 12th would be acceptable shows your real confidence in Benitez.

Devils advocate here though, is hes taking over a team that got 59 points. As with any manager, his job is to kick us forward. How far will depend on how much is spent.

Although last year was a weird season we weren’t a million miles off Europe and, arguably, could be described has having thrown it away from a decent position. Should Benitez be well off that performance?
Is it unfair on him to think that maybe with a bit of new manager effect he might squeeze out those couple of extra wins?

Doesn't exist as FFP only applies to those clubs competing in Europe.
Were we to qualify for Europe at the end of the coming season, then FFP would become an issue.
Currently we're liable for and bound by Premier League Profit and Sustainability rules.
Useful information. Thanks for that ;)

We were outsiders for Champions league with 6 games to go, Europe seemed ours to lose.

Saying 12th would be acceptable shows your real confidence in Benitez.

Last season was topsy-turvy mate with no fans etc its naive to go off that and suggest we should have some expectation to be finishing in the European places when the last time we played in Europe Ronald Koeman was the manager.

Well next summer we will have money to spend - numerous big earners off the books such as James, Tosun, Siggurdsson, Delph amongst others - thats about £350-400k a week gone. You also have the new stadiums naming rights deal being in pay with USM which will hit the revenues and sadly more than likely a big sale of Richarlison or DCL similiar to Villa with Grealish this summer.

Essentially that means this summer if the budget is restricted Benitez largely gets a transition season somewhat in my eyes and no doubt the boards. Anything around 7th-12th is acceptable in the circumstances.
Who do you know on the board mate , or is it just another thing you made up ?

And 7th to 12th place is NEVER EVER acceptable.

Devils advocate here though, is hes taking over a team that got 59 points. As with any manager, his job is to kick us forward. How far will depend on how much is spent.

Got to remember though mate a lot of our squad seem terrified of playing infront of fans (same as WHU).

The likes of Keane and Gomes go into their shells - for me last season was too strange to compare to this season - you'll never see Villa put 7 past Liverpool again or that horrendous home form they had at the pit with fans there etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.