Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I didn't, I quoted it.

What you said speaks for itself. You're so opposed to the man himself that you'd forego any success for the club due to your hatred of him.

You aren't an Everton fan, by definition, because Benitez is Everton manager. You don't want Everton to do well. You aren't supporting them.

And the reason is because the hired manager once had a different job.
Everton does not equal Benitez, any more than any other individual. If Dunc left the club, the club would still be here, if kendall had never joined us, the club would still be here. Therefore, the club is greater than and not synonymous with benitez. I realise that might be difficult for you to take in. Also, point to the bit where I'd forgo the club doing well to get him sacked. I actually said I wanted us to do well, just not with him. It's like not liking Brussels but really enjoying Xmas Dinner, you can have both. If I say I'm an Everton fan, I'm an Everton fan, and that's not for you or anyone else to decide

Exactly, I went into this in some detail a few pages back. In answer to @Groucho, it really didn't matter who of the candidates we appointed, none of them would have provoked 440 pages of blue arguing with blue.

Benitez is nothing special as a manager these days, he will probably get us mid table. Much the same as any of the others candidates, but, they would not have caused this ugly rift in our fan base.
That's what pisses me off really. If we signed let's say Klopp or someone remotely competent I could at least understand the reason of selling our soul. This is like giving our soul away for free.

He's just said he doesn't want the club to succeed while Benitez is here.

He gets no leeway at all from me and countless others until he's gone. I want us to do well, but not with him anywhere near us.

That's the quote. It'd be like me saying I want Everton to lose because Iwobi is playing - I wouldn't be an Evertonian if I did, I'd merely be anti-Iwobi.

What he said is clearly ridiculous and I can't believe you're even attempting to defend it... but then you do have "oink oink fat kopite pig" as your title, so maybe I should have expected it.
yes and it’ll remain until he’s binned

i think your gonna be in for a surprise mate. These ‘cultists’ you refer to will be significant in number and voice. There are a lot of unhappy Evertonians and this forum isn’t representative of 40,000 match going fans. Deluded if you can’t see the trouble that lies ahead.

My experience of the match going fans is they are largely mellow compared to the voices on social media tbh mate.

The majority only booed Silva when we were in the bottom 3 and barely booed Alladyce who was just as controversial an appointment.

I was marching with the Blue Union fresh out of school at the Kenwright Regime which was destroying the club and saw first hand some of the match day fans saying nonsense like "good job you aint old enough to fully remember agent Johnson" etc.

Everton does not equal Benitez, any more than any other individual. If Dunc left the club, the club would still be here, if kendall had never joined us, the club would still be here. Therefore, the club is greater than and not synonymous with benitez. I realise that might be difficult for you to take in. Also, point to the bit where I'd forgo the club doing well to get him sacked. I actually said I wanted us to do well, just not with him. It's like not liking Brussels but really enjoying Xmas Dinner, you can have both. If I say I'm an Everton fan, I'm an Everton fan, and that's not for you or anyone else to decide

It is for me to decide when your own words say you don't want Everton to do well because one person is employed at the club. I've bolded you saying it again.

What you're saying is absolutely ridiculous and, sorry, you aren't an Evertonian if you hold that view. You are anti-Benitez first and foremost - your hatred of that man is more important to you than supporting the club.

My experience of the match going fans is they are largely mellow compared to the voices on social media.

The majority only booed Silva when we were in the bottom 3 andbarely booed Alladyce who was just as controversial an appointment.

I was marching with the Blue Union fresh out of school at the Kenwright Regime which was destroying the club and saw first hand some of the match day fans saying nonsense like "good job you aint old enough to fully remember agent Johnson" etc.

He gets away with it matey because he’s conned everyone.

Rafael didn’t stand on the boys pen.

774DAC6E-AA4C-4A1A-AC18-EC5FDD1DF9EF.jpeg

No, I don't think wishing Everton to only do well when a certain employee isn't employed is an opinion if you still want to be described as an Evertonian.

As a fan, you want Everton to do well, full stop. If Benitez wins us the league, if your response is "I'm gutted because Benitez won the league with Everton", then you're not an Evertonian.
Has anybody said that, really? I think he has more chance of pishing on the sun than winning anything, but if he does I will be as happy as any other blue

Status
Not open for further replies.