Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we've all been unhappy with a manager appointment (I was gutted when we appointed Martinez) but none of us were putting abusive banners up at the stadium/blokes house, calling whichever manager insulting terms such as fat pig etc. and booing him before a ball has been been kicked.

They are a Cult but thankfully a minority in the fanbase.
The people posting on here are not responsible for putting banners up at Benitez' House, unless you have proof to the contrary.

Really, referring to people in such a derogatory manner and making generalised decisions about people you have never met, perhaps that could be construed as being a cultish behavior.

You handily missed out emphasising the bit where I said I wanted us to do well I note... supporting a club doesn't mean blind acceptance of the circumstances we find ourself in, which is what you're advocating. In my opinion, the diverse views of the supporters of the club deserve to be heard, whereas you'd prefer to play happy families and pretend everything is rosy, which by accepting RB you're doing. The difference is I'm accepting of your views (I even wished you well) and you think I don't deserve to support the club. Again, to confirm, you do you, and I'll reassert my opinion that I want him nowhere near my club. The appointment is, and was always, toxic

No I didn't, I quoted it.

What you said speaks for itself. You're so opposed to the man himself that you'd forego any success for the club due to your hatred of him.

You aren't an Everton fan, by definition, because Benitez is Everton manager. You don't want Everton to do well. You aren't supporting them.

And the reason is because the hired manager once had a different job.

Prove it then; list all these fans that wanted Pulis. And while your at it, all the ones that expected KBD to be signed

In your own time like

Why should I waste my time when you pick and choose your agenda.

And obviously KDB was tongue in cheek but our fans do have unrealistic expectations when it comes to signings - like yourself who calls players like Ings, Zaha and Ward Prowse crap whilst having to watch players like Iwobi, Gomes and Tosun its hilarious.

No I didn't, I quoted it.

What you said speaks for itself. You're so opposed to the man himself that you'd forego any success for the club due to your hatred of him.

You aren't an Everton fan, by definition, because Benitez is Everton manager. You don't want Everton to do well. You aren't supporting them.

And the reason is because the hired manager once had a different job.
Utter bollocks

The same as when the gravy guzzling slug was appointed; support the club and not the manager.

I wish our Spanish overlord well but unfortunately I feel he’s been dealt a hand which will turnout untenable.

Please see big Sam (minus the money).

Yeah you'll definitely get the odd cultist in the crowd making a fool of themselves but I doubt it'll turn nasty.

i think your gonna be in for a surprise mate. These ‘cultists’ you refer to will be significant in number and voice. There are a lot of unhappy Evertonians and this forum isn’t representative of 40,000 match going fans. Deluded if you can’t see the trouble that lies ahead.

You have people saying things like this.

He gets no leeway at all from me and countless others until he's gone. I want us to do well, but not with him anywhere near us.

That's why.
Is that not an opinion they are allowed to hold. I myself will rejoice when he is gone, but, I don't want us to lose games in order to achieve this.

I do, however, think that he is no longer a good manager and as soon as he has the inevitable losing streak, things will get horribly ugly.

I blame the board for appointing him, they must have been aware of the repercussions, I am sure they have their agenda for the appointment, but, it isn't because they think he will win things.

The people posting on here are not responsible for putting banners up at Benitez' House, unless you have proof to the contrary.

Really, referring to people in such a derogatory manner and making generalised decisions about people you have never met, perhaps that could be construed as being a cultish behavior.

You still have people on here being very derogatory, hoping we lose so he is sacked - the season hasn't even started...

Utter bollocks

The same as when the gravy guzzling slug was appointed; support the club and not the manager.

He's just said he doesn't want the club to succeed while Benitez is here.

He gets no leeway at all from me and countless others until he's gone. I want us to do well, but not with him anywhere near us.

That's the quote. It'd be like me saying I want Everton to lose because Iwobi is playing - I wouldn't be an Evertonian if I did, I'd merely be anti-Iwobi.

What he said is clearly ridiculous and I can't believe you're even attempting to defend it... but then you do have "oink oink fat kopite pig" as your title, so maybe I should have expected it.

Well next summer we will have money to spend - numerous big earners off the books such as James, Tosun, Siggurdsson, Delph amongst others - thats about £350-400k a week gone. You also have the new stadiums naming rights deal being in pay with USM which will hit the revenues and sadly more than likely a big sale of Richarlison or DCL similiar to Villa with Grealish this summer.

Essentially that means this summer if the budget is restricted Benitez largely gets a transition season somewhat in my eyes and no doubt the boards. Anything around 7th-12th is acceptable in the circumstances.
Forgive me if I have little faith in your insights into the machinations of Everton football club. I don't believe you have any insights into the thinking of our board or our transfer strategies for this year or next. I do think you have an overexcitable imagination and will present such imaginary events as facts.

You still have people on here being very derogatory, hoping we lose so he is sacked - the season hasn't even started...
I don't think I have seen anyone saying they hope we lose and surely they have the right to want him sacked. I don't want us to lose games, but, I know we will and I am very concerned about the reaction to those defeats.

The board have had an absolute nightmare here

Is that not an opinion they are allowed to hold. I myself will rejoice when he is gone, but, I don't want us to lose games in order to achieve this.

I do, however, think that he is no longer a good manager and as soon as he has the inevitable losing streak, things will get horribly ugly.

I blame the board for appointing him, they must have been aware of the repercussions, I am sure they have their agenda for the appointment, but, it isn't because they think he will win things.

No, I don't think wishing Everton to only do well when a certain employee isn't employed is an opinion if you still want to be described as an Evertonian.

As a fan, you want Everton to do well, full stop. If Benitez wins us the league, if your response is "I'm gutted because Benitez won the league with Everton", then you're not an Evertonian.

Status
Not open for further replies.