Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off Topic
Ah, well go and racially abuse a few footballers too because they have a bit of money. Same logic.

No, I'm not "defending" Benitez; I'm saying the behaviour is disgusting, toxic and shameful, and people need to wind their neck in. Criticise someone based on what they do at Everton.
Ah we got there in the end.

This from the man who was offering someone out in the Current Affairs forum for a similar sort of insinuation.

Nope, as "Allardyce Out" isn't abuse. It's not wanting Allardyce as Everton manager for footballing reasons.

Again, if you don't want Benitez, like @ToffeeTim above, because you don't agree with the appointment as you'd prefer another direction, for footballing reasons, all for it. I'd have been the same with Howe. Hell, I'm not over the moon it's Benitez, but I simply recognise he was the best of a bad bunch at the time. That isn't abuse.

Allardyce got comments about his weight of course, Bisto, Gravy etc. etc. but often playful - this is different; this is venomous, constant, actual hatred, and often has nothing to do with football whatsoever beyond where he had a job once upon a time.

Its the fear about the stick and humiliation we will get if things go wrong under Benitez that drives a lot of it.

Think of what it will be like of they thump us at Anfield under him. What will it be like if we start terribly and end up near the foot of the table. We will be the joke again. An irrelevant club who are there to amuse everyone else.

My red mates think its pretty funny we hired benitez and aren't annoyed at all. I'd feel a lot better about it if they were fuming.

he still won trophies in the last decade, not nothing.

look at ancelotti, one of the most decorated managers of all time and he has provided us with our worst ever home record. You can counter that by stating we have had one of our best away performances but we still finished 10th after being top of the league in October and a newly promoted Leeds side finished above us.

maybe we should just stop trophy counting and lets see how the team plays this season under him and judge Benitez after a few games

i will any criticism until after we have started playing games
Oh look I think trophy counting will get us nowhere but he’s certainly won a few though . However if we’re looking to judge a manager surely what happened in the last 5 years feels more significant than what happened when half our team where in primary school .

how the team plays and performs though has to be be the key to all this .

Its the fear about the stick and humiliation we will get if things go wrong under Benitez that drives a lot of it.

Think of what it will be like of they thump us at Anfield under him. What will it be like if we start terribly and end up near the foot of the table.

My red mates think its pretty funny we hired benitez and aren't annoyed at all. I'd feel a lot better about it if they were fuming.
If we’d hired Brendan Rodgers, no one would be arsed in the slightest.
He’s ‘current’ and up to date.

It’s not all about the Liverpool connection.
Some lids can’t get their heads round this.

If we’d hired Brendan Rodgers, no one would be arsed in the slightest.
He’s ‘current’ and up to date.

It’s not all about the Liverpool connection.
Some lids can’t get their heads round this.
I’d deffo have taken him , if your going RS take one whose career is on the up not on the way down . It feels like a simple equation .

Off Topic
We've always been pretty clear around CA - discussion there, stays there.

The one he's talking about wasn't even there bizarrely, it was the Ale House.

Then again, it happens so often on here and nothing gets done about it that it's easy to lose track. People lose arguments, drop the accusation knowing it winds me up, and off they go. Has happened once again in this thread, and all that happens at most is a "oooh Inappropriate Behaviour" minor warning, yet if I rise to it I'd probably be banned, despite it being one of the most disgusting accusations you can level at someone.

But anyway, off topic of course.

Rodgers is someone performing well in this league in the present. Benitez got relegated in his last job in this league.
All true.

I think the point @Toast was making is that a fair few blues question Benitez's suitability because of his recent (lack of) success rather than his ties to the RS.

Nevertheless, there's a few people who question or criticise those who do not want Benitez as they think it's the latter aspect (the RS) first and foremost.

Yes, absolutely.
I mean, wow, ok, a straight answer I guess, a completely wrong one which proposes the deletion of thousands of supporters who have been with the club through thin and thinner and which supports blind support of one of the most hated individuals from the rs in recent memory, but a straight answer nonetheless. If I'm honest mate I think your opinion is borderline delusional, but all the best to you, and you do you!

Status
Not open for further replies.