Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Benitez has decided to get rid of the Colombian who is one of our most highly paid players, who played 20 odd games for us last season but didn't bother to turn up for the last game of the season against City instead jetting off to prepare for the Copa America.

Guess we'll be saying goodbye to Yerry Mina as well given that he is one of our most highly paid players, who played 20 odd games for us last season but didn't bother to turn up for the last game of the season against City instead jetting off to prepare for the Copa America.

So, Benitez has decided to get rid of the Colombian who is one of our most highly paid players, who played 20 odd games for us last season but didn't bother to turn up for the last game of the season against City instead jetting off to prepare for the Copa America.

Guess we'll be saying goodbye to Yerry Mina as well given that he is one of our most highly paid players, who played 20 odd games for us last season but didn't bother to turn up for the last game of the season against City instead jetting off to prepare for the Copa America.
Well when you put it like that..

I never wanted Benitez, I absolutely detest him, but as someone mentioned earlier, he's already toast. It's only a matter of time till he goes; if he's lucky, next summer but more likely by Jan. He's been restricted to squad signings, we have no money to spend on anyone to make us measurably better, clubs like Villa are having a great window to ensure we finish lower than before, he's perceived as having pissed off James and told him he can go when he's the only world class talent (albeit a hut streaky) we have, and to top it all a vast amount of the fan base already absolutely hate him. I've had 35+ years of supporting Everton and have never felt more despondent before a season.
He’s been restricted because even the board realise he’s a buffoon who cannot under any circumstances be given money to spend.

The board find him useful as he is an easy and indefensible scapegoat.

He’s been restricted because even the board realise he’s a buffoon who cannot under any circumstances be given money to spend.

The board find him useful as he is an easy and indefensible scapegoat.
Don’t get that. So they realise he is a buffoon up to couple of weeks after giving him a lucrative contract? Even if they did think he would be a good scapegoat why bother?

I think Benitez got assurances from Usmanov about spending, but only after the pandemic is over & match revenue is steady. He hated working for Mike Ashley (false promises) so I doubt he would work again in a similar situation.
Remember: Usmanov was the one pushing Stan Kroenke at Arsenal to spend more. I'm pretty optimistic on that front.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Brands will react when Benitez takes total control of transfers (and he will).

Status
Not open for further replies.