Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely

I didn't want him as our manager, I still don't want him, I don't like having him, but I still want to win football matches and see a good team on the pitch.

Im not excited or particularly interested to check the fixture list...let alone plan to find streams for the games.

Everton is like a stunningly hot girl you cant take your eyes off and now you notice she has hairy armpits.

I was starting to believe we had turned a corner last year with Ancelotti and James.

But this summer?

I couldn't have written it any better. I'm still not over the shock at Moshiri putting 2 fingers up to everyone else to bring in that fat rat.

I'm just waiting for this period to end quickly. I don't know what comes next but it won't be Benitez again at least.

This whole FFP story seems like utter nonsense.

How does a billionaire accountant with a DOF not plan ahead for FFP?

You dont simply go from Ancelotti + James to Benitez + Gray.

Somethings going on...

This whole FFP story seems like utter nonsense.

How does a billionaire accountant with a DOF not plan ahead for FFP?

You dont simply go from Ancelotti + James to Benitez + Gray.

Somethings going on...
I'm with you, something stinks. I think there's a like 25% chance Moshiri bought us to clean his shady client's money and were really just a massive money laundering operation for him and Usmanov.

However, my hope is that maybe Moshiri and Brands finally sat down and Farhad was convinced by Marcel about how terrible and unsustainable our football and transfer strategy is. So Benitez is here to keep us up, but also to be the fall guy as we spend very little and clear the books of all of our terrible contracts over the next two seasons. I can live with that. Its crystal clear how much of massive reset we need.

I'm with you, something stinks. I think there's a like 25% chance Moshiri bought us to clean his shady client's money and were really just a massive money laundering operation for him and Usmanov.

However, my hope is that maybe Moshiri and Brands finally sat down and Farhad was convinced by Marcel about how terrible and unsustainable our football and transfer strategy is. So Benitez is here to keep us up, but also to be the fall guy as we spend very little and clear the books of all of our terrible contracts over the next two seasons. I can live with that. Its crystal clear how much of massive reset we need.
Highly likely the 2nd scenario, apart from the money laundering.

It doesn't need laundering.

Highly likely the 2nd scenario, apart from the money laundering.

It doesn't need laundering.

Its definitely not money laundering.

Moshiri seems to like Benitez. The problem is that if we dont achieve europe this season some of our players will want to move on.

If we sell James, Delph, Kenny, Gomes and Tosun this summer and add Max Aarons at right back then perhaps we are keeping our powder dry until next summer and complying with FFP?

Hes got Kean and Gbamim + 3 new signings...hes also signed Right backs with the profile of Aarons (on paper) before...like Glen Johnson https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...pool-glen-johnson-Rafael-benitez-18140788.amp

If thats what we need to do for FFP then the logic makes sense -- however why would Benitez not want to keep James but instead have Iwobi in the squad.

Also, why wouldnt we have signed Aarons when we were strongly linked (even by Fab Romano) and are now linked heavily with Dumfries for half the price.

Some utterly bizarre decisions being made at the club. I still think a billionaire accountant wouldnt fall foul of FFP.

Were 2 weeks off the start of the season and at the very least id have expected many more sales...everything im seeing under Benitez is negative.

Unfortunately I am.
Players long-term health is important but I think there has been a bit of an overreaction about heading the ball,the Astle's and Charlton's were heading a much heavier ball in an era when route one was much more popular as a tactic. Been watching The Big Match Revisited and it was a much different game in the 70s (far more entertaining) and did a quick Google search on some of the central defenders and centre forwards and a very high percentage are at a ripe old age with seemingly no ill effects.

Players long-term health is important but I think there has been a bit of an overreaction about heading the ball,the Astle's and Charlton's were heading a much heavier ball in an era when route one was much more popular as a tactic. Been watching The Big Match Revisited and it was a much different game in the 70s (far more entertaining) and did a quick Google search on some of the central defenders and centre forwards and a very high percentage are at a ripe old age with seemingly no ill effects.
This was my point mate. It's about percentages. There's no doubt it can do damage like

This was my point mate. It's about percentages. There's no doubt it can do damage like
No doubting it did but to a very small percentage of players, dementia has lots of other elements, drinking was a big culture in quite a few of the top clubs in that era. Just think this is an issue that the press have jumped on and social media is running with. Doubt the stats are available but it would be interesting to know how many headers per game DCL makes compared to say Fred Pickering.

Wins friendlies and apparently wants to sell our most talented player In years , let the good times roll.

James wont stay as he wont be indulged by Benitez and given a month off whenever he feels a twinge like he would under Carlo.

James and Ancelotti are worshipped so much on here due to what they represent - the Moshiri hopes of Hollywood Football and a return to the glory days when the reality is both are past their best.

We need to start building for the future with players hungry and ready to fight for the shirt.

Its definitely not money laundering.

Moshiri seems to like Benitez. The problem is that if we dont achieve europe this season some of our players will want to move on.

If we sell James, Delph, Kenny, Gomes and Tosun this summer and add Max Aarons at right back then perhaps we are keeping our powder dry until next summer and complying with FFP?

Hes got Kean and Gbamim + 3 new signings...hes also signed Right backs with the profile of Aarons (on paper) before...like Glen Johnson https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...pool-glen-johnson-Rafael-benitez-18140788.amp

If thats what we need to do for FFP then the logic makes sense -- however why would Benitez not want to keep James but instead have Iwobi in the squad.

Also, why wouldnt we have signed Aarons when we were strongly linked (even by Fab Romano) and are now linked heavily with Dumfries for half the price.

Some utterly bizarre decisions being made at the club. I still think a billionaire accountant wouldnt fall foul of FFP.

Were 2 weeks off the start of the season and at the very least id have expected many more sales...everything im seeing under Benitez is negative.
I have no idea what your world looks like and I certainly am not supporting Benitez but I just don't understand your logic .
James and Benitez have a history so it seems ust a matter of time before we say goodbye to him .
All the speculation about transfers you mention are hearsay ,no real substance but you deem fit to give it to all and sundry .
Then your best one ,how do you expect "many more sales " when Brands has been trying in vain for years ,yes years ,to move the players you refer to !

James wont stay as he wont be indulged by Benitez and given a month off whenever he feels a twinge like he would under Carlo.

James and Ancelotti are worshipped so much on here due to what they represent - the Moshiri hopes of Hollywood Football and a return to the glory days when the reality is both are past their best.

We need to start building for the future with players hungry and ready to fight for the shirt.
Ok so I don’t worship ancelotti at all and nothing ive said or done seems to suggest I do so stop flogging that ridiculous horse to stop supporting your strange agenda .

secondly I won’t apologise for liking and admiring a supremely talented footballer , if you prefer to not to sound but I can recognise footballing ability .

thirdly if he wants to go sell him but if the manager doesn’t want him and it’s not a financial decision I simply don’t understand it .

It's not difficult to work out that to become a fan favourite here working hard is the minimum requirement,sadly when you're a multimillionaire after signing a three year contract quite a few don't give a toss if they are popular or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.