Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done my best and still will to be positive about Benitez but I honestly think right now is the lowest I've felt as a supporter. Everything seems to be against us all of a sudden. I was a bit too young to fully appreciate how bad the Mike Walker days were. Part of me wishes I could just wash my hands with it and live out my days watching the golf without any real vested interest in who wins.

giphy.gif

No way Ancelotti achieves that last season with supporters in the stadiums.
it proved we can do it though. all that was missing was the consistency. We just needed to get our home form onto a similar level.
Yes, it was without crowds, but we were without crowds at home as well. It fell apart at the end of the season a bit, but it was all there.

Carlo would have had us in Europe this season, with the unfortunate car crash of a 'Manager' imposed on us and his downgrading of the squad we will be lucky to make the top half next season.

Hopefully it turns into utter chaos and finally is the season we’ve all been waiting for, the relegation of Everton.

Everton would not do that to us. It would be one bleak season followed by renewed hope next season. Everton exists as a football team to provide its fans with absolutely nothing except slow long desperation. They wouldn’t do anything nearly as exciting as getting relegated. We’re the one team in the football pyramid stuck in purgatory of not being good enough to be in Europe but too belligerent to ever get relegated.

Everton would not do that to us. It would be one bleak season followed by renewed hope next season. Everton exists as a football team to provide its fans with absolutely nothing except slow long desperation. They wouldn’t do anything nearly as exciting as getting relegated. We’re the one team in the football pyramid stuck in purgatory of not being good enough to be in Europe but too belligerent to ever get relegated.
Like an aspirational Newcastle, no less.

it proved we can do it though. all that was missing was the consistency. We just needed to get our home form onto a similar level.
Yes, it was without crowds, but we were without crowds at home as well. It fell apart at the end of the season a bit, but it was all there.

Carlo would have had us in Europe this season, with the unfortunate car crash of a 'Manager' imposed on us and his downgrading of the squad we will be lucky to make the top half next season.
I disagree; just my opinion here.

We have, by all accounts, bought Begovic, Townsend, Gray, and Dumfries.

That to me is an upgrade on the rubbish we have in our midfield (shoehorning centre mids to play on the wings).

Now combine that with the better fitness of the players and players actually putting in 95 minutes of effort because of the better discipline (Benitez style of management; playing as a collective) than Carlo last season, and honestly I am looking forward to the season and winning games with team effort and graft.

That's the plan anyway...easily a top ten finish...

It's only the thought of the new ground that keeps me interested.

If crowds would have been in the stadiums then we may have got more points at home than we did away mate. That’s about as plain as I can say it.
’ve been pondering this a little too hard, would you say we may have got more points as home games traditionally yield more than home? I’m going with 12th place.

See above as to what you wrote...should the second "Home" be away?

I've done my best and still will to be positive about Benitez but I honestly think right now is the lowest I've felt as a supporter. Everything seems to be against us all of a sudden. I was a bit too young to fully appreciate how bad the Mike Walker days were. Part of me wishes I could just wash my hands with it and live out my days watching the golf without any real vested interest in who wins.
I’ve a bit to go before im at Mike Walker or Walter Smith levels of despair. The FFP and other issues are nothing to do with the manager to be fair. Will give him until the autumn and then the bed sheets will be out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.