Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, they weren't 'virtually already relegated ', they were a point off safety with a game in hand.

Yes, they were in the relegation mix but, still had every chance of surviving.
its very difficult for any manager to come in to try and save a club with 10 games to go

they were 19th and had only scored 28 goals in 28 games and had -25 goal difference. both norwich and sunderland had better goal difference.

he got 37 points in the end and would've needed 40 points to survive relegation due to the goal difference of sunderland

the average number of points required to stay up i believe is around 37

On the must be a member of his family thing, it’s not a bad analogy. For me it is a bit like acquiring a son-in-law who was previously married to a notorious screaming mad wench. He’s made bad choices and said the wrong things (particularly ‘I do’…) but as long as he is a good husband to my loved one, he’s alright by me.

its very difficult for any manager to come in to try and save a club with 10 games to go

they were 19th and had only scored 28 goals in 28 games and had -25 goal difference. both norwich and sunderland had better goal difference.

he got 37 points in the end and would've needed 40 points to survive relegation due to the goal difference of sunderland

He relegated a Newcastle side, who, although they were poor, were no poorer than the Mackems.
He had every chance to save Newcastle and he blew it. Fat Sam, the only other Everton manager I have similar contempt, schooled him.

Whichever way you spin this, he took over when there was over a quarter of the season left, they were 1point behind the Mackems with a game in hand. Their squad was certainly no worse that the Mackems and yet Benitez had Newcastle relegated before the season ended.

Fat Sam schooled him.

It is depressing to think that both of these people have been employed by Everton F. C.

So he got 9 points from a possible 30.

A valiant effort.

No should realise after all these years of winning nothing and mid table finishes we’re not the huge club they think we’re. We’re a steady premier league club and that’s it ancelotti was a luxury. We need someone who’s going to come in and try and build something here and unfortunately for some that’s Benitez so get over it.
Look at these delusional fans giving me the middle finger haha. We’re close to a transfer embargo so don’t get your hopes up for this year unless a huge number of players move on can’t see any big signings coming in let’s hope Benitez can work some magic.

Not saying he’s not worth it, I’m asking who’s gonna buy him?. All the best teams in world have world class keepers bar United. But their buying Sancho and Varane so they wont have the money. So who else?.
All the biggest clubs will be looking to freshen up. If Pickford is made available there'll be a taker.

Zat mate, there is a huge drop off now, what has Bernard accomplished while at the club? sure in Ukraine he might have been decent, but he is not cut out for this league no matter how much anyone wants it. He is on circa £120k per week, and probably got a £5m signing bonus cos he was on a free transfer.

We are bringing Gray in on about £55k and paying £1.5m. He is quicker and probably more impactful and ready for this league. Sure its not Richi, and sure its not a huge jump in quality, but I would probably happily have a bet with you he will do more this season then a Bernard would.

Am not even getting started on Iwobi.

By reducing money we pay weekly and freeing up the wage bill, it gives us much more wiggle room to bring in players to improve the first eleven players, I don't see whats hard or wrong about that. We are still dealing with serious mismanagement and contracts which are huge, this is being put right, and about time.

Once we cull those players, bring in players who can do the same if not better jobs on smaller wages we can start pushing the quality of players we can bring in.

It's not horrendous, it's probably good business when you take emotion out of it.

Im aware of all this which makes sense with Townsend on a 1 year deal.

Im yet to understand why were after Demarai Gray...

Im aware of all this which makes sense with Townsend on a 1 year deal.

Im yet to understand why were after Demarai Gray...

Probably because we are crying out for pace, Gray while is wasteful and his end product has a lot to be desired has that in abundance.

Didn't work at LCFC because he wouldn't fit Rodgers clinical system, might not have settled in Germany and has Bailey and Diaby in the squad with him. I would rather pay 1.5m for him and have him on lower wages as an option on the bench then having 2 goalkeepers on there.

He isnt going to be in our first 11, however is he a quicker option of the bench when we are trying to get up the pitch? yes. Bored of looking at our bench and realising the slugs on the pitch are faster then the slugs on the bench.

Probably because we are crying out for pace, Gray while is wasteful and his end product has a lot to be desired has that in abundance.

Didn't work at LCFC because he wouldn't fit Rodgers clinical system, might not have settled in Germany and has Bailey and Diaby in the squad with him. I would rather pay 1.5m for him and have him on lower wages as an option on the bench then having 2 goalkeepers on there.

He isnt going to be in our first 11, however is he a quicker option of the bench when we are trying to get up the pitch? yes. Bored of looking at our bench and realising the slugs on the pitch are faster then the slugs on the bench.

Lets sign Usain Bolt then?

Hes really, really bad...thinks hes a superstar...

Not a fan of this at all.

Lets sign Usain Bolt then?

Hes really, really bad...thinks hes a superstar...

Not a fan of this at all.

Lets sign Usain bolt is probably the worst counter I have received on here. Nice one.

He won't be a starter.

I wish I properly took notice of board when we signed Marcus Bent, he had a terrible reputation for having an attitude. The lad ran himself into the floor every game for us.

Not happy with these signings, but I totally understand them.

Zat mate, there is a huge drop off now, what has Bernard accomplished while at the club? sure in Ukraine he might have been decent, but he is not cut out for this league no matter how much anyone wants it. He is on circa £120k per week, and probably got a £5m signing bonus cos he was on a free transfer.

We are bringing Gray in on about £55k and paying £1.5m. He is quicker and probably more impactful and ready for this league. Sure its not Richi, and sure its not a huge jump in quality, but I would probably happily have a bet with you he will do more this season then a Bernard would.

Am not even getting started on Iwobi.

By reducing money we pay weekly and freeing up the wage bill, it gives us much more wiggle room to bring in players to improve the first eleven players, I don't see whats hard or wrong about that. We are still dealing with serious mismanagement and contracts which are huge, this is being put right, and about time.

Once we cull those players, bring in players who can do the same if not better jobs on smaller wages we can start pushing the quality of players we can bring in.

It's not horrendous, it's probably good business when you take emotion out of it.
Your argument has some validity if , big if we sell Bernard and Iwobi but until then it is fanciful.

Your argument has some validity if , big if we sell Bernard and Iwobi but until then it is fanciful.

100% mate. It is based on the assumption we are moving on some of our woefully larger contracts out the door.

Otherwise, they are terrible signings, I will accept that.

I see the thinking behind them though if we move people on.

Status
Not open for further replies.