Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like backing the manager before a ball has even been kicked is somehow crazy lol

Even more so when many of the same fans who want Benitez to fail wanted some Putz like Graham Potter over a CL, Europa League, FA Cup, La Liga & Copa Italia winner lol
Exactly.

Imagine wanting an Everton manager to be a success?

Such people are dangerous cultists and must be attacked along with the unwanted manager.

These same people who profess to be the Praetorian Guard of Evertonians - the ones who represent the purist fan - wlll be praying for Everton losses on the pitch for some 'higher ideal'.

THAT is cultist behaviour.

Exactly.

Imagine wanting an Everton manager to be a success?

Such people are dangerous cultists and must be attacked along with the unwanted manager.

These same people who profess to be the Praetorian Guard of Evertonians - the ones who represent the purist fan - wlll be praying for Everton losses on the pitch.

THAT is cultist begaviour.

So you want to attack our unwanted manager as well then? Good lad, Dave.

We're the majority of Evertonians.

You're the cult.
CRUSH THE PLOTTERS

Screenshot_20210717-090714_Chrome.jpg

Just glanced at today's red Echo with a photo of the fat Spanish waiter with his Everton tracksuit and hat, draped in blue.

Ok rationally it makes sense publicity-wise, what else would he wear when being photo'd? To me however it just smacks of overcompensating for his long, long history with Liverpool and trying everything and anything to ingratiate himself with a disaffected fanbase.

There's one reason imo why he took this job and that is that it suits his circumstances atm having property, family and deep connections to the area, it's not his employer - Everton, or anything like that. In my opinion It's a marriage of convenience for him to get back in the premier league, almost like working for an employer you hate but taking it as the money is good and the benefits of living and working in this locality outweigh the negatives.

He looks a fraud in blue but the 'fans' might be appeased
He certainly is covered head to toe in blue.
I do think it is sending a deliberate message to the fans that he is totally blue now and not red.
It is probably sensible to do so. The overwhelming majority of Evertonians will either support him or at least suspend judgement for a reasonable period of time.

Those that have decided against him are not going to change their mind no matter what he does.

GOT is no indicator of the opinions of the Evertonian majority, it never has been.
I remember so many issues that exercised people here that never even raised a boo at Goodison.....that is where you will see the real reaction to Benitez.

In my opinion there will be a few isolated boos at the start and then it will largely be supportive.

Not me though. It'll take more than a corporate bs sales pitch from a pr firm, and the spin doctors on here to win me over. :)
My 18 year old son when Benitez was announced “Dad cancel my season ticket I’m not going while he’s there and I mean it”

Yesterday “Dad have you seen Benitez on the training ground that Everton tweeted, he’s proper hands on with the players, looks like he’s working the players hard. Also he spoke well in his press conference”

Me: “Come here lad while I give you a Chinese burn around ye neck”

Just glanced at today's red Echo with a photo of the fat Spanish waiter with his Everton tracksuit and hat, draped in blue.

Ok rationally it makes sense publicity-wise, what else would he wear when being photo'd? To me however it just smacks of overcompensating for his long, long history with Liverpool and trying everything and anything to ingratiate himself with a disaffected fanbase.

There's one reason imo why he took this job and that is that it suits his circumstances atm having property, family and deep connections to the area, it's not his employer - Everton, or anything like that. In my opinion It's a marriage of convenience for him to get back in the premier league, almost like working for an employer you hate but taking it as the money is good and the benefits of living and working in this locality outweigh the negatives.

He looks a fraud in blue but the 'fans' might be appeased
Heard he had red ballies on.

Status
Not open for further replies.