Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing i dislike about this appointment is EVERY discussion whether it be about transfers, tactics, formations etc always leads to somebody saying “at Newcastle” to use as a stick to beat him with

he has managed more clubs than just Newcastle and they should not be used as the only measure of his ability
It's going to be like that regardless.

It will always be Liverpool, Newcastle and "China" (nobody can be arsed to look up the team name). Never Valencia for some reason even though he did a great job there.

Not that this is anything new but a lot of people will be reaching for the volume button when the commentators are doing our games.

We’ll Pako has been abysmal since leave rb so it’s hard to see him being a huge determining factor

He's pretty much managed everywhere since. Most good coaches don't make good managers. Look at Ferguson's assistants over the years.

With Pako unavailable it is clear this experiment will fail so let's sack the fat kopite rat preemptively

Also, since Pako left as his assistant in 2007 Benitez has only won a Europa League with Chelsea (they won the CL the year before and had far and away the best squad in EL) and an Italian Cup with Napoli.

For some of the lads on here slagging Benitez achievements at Newcastle and comparing him to Steve Bruce , I would suggest that they go on The Mag (NUFC forum). They may need to reappraise their views !. Either that or Newcastle fans are wildly wrong in their opinion of their own managers (interesting editorial too).

Newcastle fans have a fetish for anything connected to Liverpool FC, why does it surprise you that they’ve made an idol out of one of their former managers?

It's going to be like that regardless.

It will always be Liverpool, Newcastle and "China" (nobody can be arsed to look up the team name). Never Valencia for some reason even though he did a great job there.

Not that this is anything new but a lot of people will be reaching for the volume button when the commentators are doing our games.

You're going back 16 to 20 years there mate. Hopefully that goes some distance into explaining why his job there doesn't get brought up often.

I'm just waiting to see who we sign. They'll probably be people I've never heard of but I hope they're mainly attacking midfielders who are very quick and can pass the ball properly. Not too much to ask.

Encouraging for sure. I'm just not sure he's the guy to instill a new culture for the club. Martinez attempted the same and managed to do so in his first season, but he also had the personality and attitude for it. Granted the biggest culture shift needed now is getting rid of the deadwood and getting players off their butts, so maybe he can at least manage that much.

Martinez's new culture was completely to introduce useless training sessions, where there was no practicing of taking or defending set pieces.

He's pretty much managed everywhere since. Most good coaches don't make good managers. Look at Ferguson's assistants over the years.
Being a manager requires a completely different set of characteristics: the pressure is on your shoulders; the decisions come from you.

Ferguson had some brilliant assistants over the years who helped control the dressing room and prepare the players, but they didn't make decisions.

Martinez did jack mate.
He was an absolute con man , who got lucky , post Moyes.
Rafael may have the guts to actually challenge players.
Bit like a recycled Moyes.
Sad really that so many besmirched Moyes.
However , we need to get behind Rafael now.

Moyes dirtied his own name in the final season when he was openly courting the red Mancs.

For some of the lads on here slagging Benitez achievements at Newcastle and comparing him to Steve Bruce , I would suggest that they go on The Mag (NUFC forum). They may need to reappraise their views !. Either that or Newcastle fans are wildly wrong in their opinion of their own managers (interesting editorial too).

Newcastle fans were dead certain that Bruce would get them relegated. And they ended up 12th. They have a wildly inflated opinion of Benitez because he was the first manager they have had that wasn’t a complete joke in a decade.

Newcastle fans were dead certain that Bruce would get them relegated. And they ended up 12th. They have a wildly inflated opinion of Benitez because he was the first manager they have had that wasn’t a complete joke in a decade.
he actually is a complete joke

but I admit he has a certain name factor, which is what they fell for.

Status
Not open for further replies.