Rafael and the small club comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
he would sort out our defence but half the fanbase would hate him. I am somewhat indifferent to him. As for his comments they obviously were meant to rile folks up and it looks like it worked magnificently and still is working years later maybe he is smarter then we think. lol.

I'm not keen on the 'small club/big club' argument. I feel it's often used by fans of teams who have won stuff but not for a number of years (I know that describes us but it's meant as a general comment). Essentially it's saying to the supposed 'small clubs' - "know your place. You're allowed to be plucky losers but you're not allowed to win things. The trophies belong to us 'big clubs'"
In short, it smacks of arrogance and is no doubt what the Sky 6 believe.
We should be better than that!

Always blames everyone else but himself. Seems to be offended by everything and ashamed of nothing, Acts the victim when things aren't going well. Definitely would not fit in here as he has done other clubs.

I simply can't grasp the handwringing and general 'We're doomed!' attitude when he left Newcastle, as if he was boldly revolutionising the club and sweeping all before him.

He brought them up, which shouldn't be too hard for a club that size, and then embarked on a course of lurking tediously and invisibly around 14th place

Remember him driving Villa toward a title bid? Oh wait, no...

He got lucky for one CL win before - let us not forget in the RS propaganda blizzard - they actually SACKED him. Yes, he had become so bad that they sacked a Champions League winner.

If he came here I wouldn't rest until he was gone. I'd rather win nothing than win something under a simpering Kopite. Every day of the week.

I simply can't grasp the handwringing and general 'We're doomed!' attitude when he left Newcastle, as if he was boldly revolutionising the club and sweeping all before him.

He brought them up, which shouldn't be too hard for a club that size, and then embarked on a course of lurking tediously and invisibly around 14th place

Remember him driving Villa toward a title bid? Oh wait, no...

He got lucky for one CL win before - let us not forget in the RS propaganda blizzard - they actually SACKED him. Yes, he had become so bad that they sacked a Champions League winner.

If he came here I wouldn't rest until he was gone. I'd rather win nothing than win something under a simpering Kopite. Every day of the week.

Having a chairman acting like he was skint & not being able to build the team he wanted doesn’t paint the full picture.

But your last comment, get a grip ffs. I’d rather have Ian Rush lead us to a trophy than win nothing

Speaking of Chinese Football … has anyone heard of this footballer called Jiang Guangtai who plays for the champions Guangzhou? Apparently he's the next great thing out of China, maybe we should scout him? Apparently he has a bit of a dodgy Chinese accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.