Rafael and the small club comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want Rafael because he's a kopite and I've had enough of appointing no marks with relegations on their CV.

Not to mention his football is extraordinarily dull and he's an arrogant bitter man.

Anyone who wants Rafael to be our manager is deluded and it makes me extremely annoyed to see his name bandied about.
Decent enough manager but i want this much much less than i wanted Sam to happen and i absolutely DID NOT want Sam to happen.

Well it does... Saying as we're all stakeholders one way or other. Supporters, members, season ticket holders.
Yes, but the club has no control over what we say in sites freely available to be read by anyone and can't be held responsible if people like Benitez
doesn't like what we say.

Remove the wages from Bolasie, Sandro, Tosun, Niasse and Stekelenberg and give them to Rafael. I'm sure he'd happily join us for 300k a week, regardless of his Chinese contract.

Steve McMahon turned into a Liverpool legend.

Personally i would have no problem with Benitez, probably the most qualified manager we could get. Anybody that can win a European cup with Djimi Traore and Vladimir Smicer has something about him, not to mention Valencia and the job he did there.

This was all ages ago! (Smicer wasn't even that bad a player to be honest..)

McMahon was a player, he also wasn't a legend for us.

He isn't the most qualified manager because a large amount of our fan base don't want him. That's a pretty big qualifier for me.

He wouldn't work out here. This thread is a perfect example of why. He'd have some of our fans on his back and waiting him to fail before a ball was kicked. Pne bad result and people would calling for him to get sacked. He'd be to divisive and we need somebody we can a rally around right now.

It wouldn't work out because of the split - but given a choice between Moyes and Rafael, wouldn't we all take Rafael first

It wouldn't work out because of the split - but given a choice between Moyes and Rafael, wouldn't we all take Rafael first

Nah the narrative for most on here is anyone but Benitez.
Understandable if your reasoning is who hes managed before and all that but some just think he’s crap despite the fahcts stating the contrary (see what I did there)
Anyway The Doncelotti for me by miles

So people are saying they won’t have Rafael because of his “small club” comment a long time ago.
Let me ask you this, when did this club last actually act like the big club it is?
Martinez- Relegated
Koeman - won nowt came from Southampton
Allardyce- need I say more
Silva- relegated

build a new stadium that’s 2 small
Whether we are a small club or not is completely irrelevant. The simple fact that he called us, (or anybody else for that matter), a small club shows that he is clearly lacking in respect. He is not a man I want anywhere near our club irrespective of his abilities as a football manager.

I actually don't rate him that highly either but that's another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.