Rafael and the small club comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
H
Are you making things up.

He completely rejuvenated LFCs academy which was destroyed by Houllier. I'm not getting in to the guys who came through there, but let's just name Sterling and Suso for starters.

How did he leave a mess behind at Madrid, Chelsea and Inter when he wasn't even there for a full season. How did he leave a mess behind at Napoli when he's so revered there and acknowledged for the squad he built there which is still reaping the benefits from. Again how did he leave a mess behind at Newcastle when 3/4s of the squad he signed and transformed the academy.
He went in to a mess at Chelsea to a club whose fans didn’t want him and still won a cup in Europe.

Cant wait for Moyes to be appointed and everyone that did want Rafael, Vitor etc start crying over results and systems. I'll quote everything I've read

the same 'Championship team' that Steve Bruce.. STEVE 'bright red granny-face ' BRUCE has winning their last four games and well above us in the league

Not even remotely similar. Let's take away Schah, Fernandez, Clark, Hayden, Dubravka, Almiron, take away the development work he did with Lascelles, Shelvey, Longstaff, Townsend, Perez, Ritchie, the fact he made Sissoko a 30m player.

Whereas Bruce spent 40m on a striker that can't score, who Rafael wouldn't sanction a move for. 20m on a winger who is terrible.

Fair enough, at least you've actually got some alternative targets.

I'm just a bit fed up of people dismissing the likes of Benitez but when challenged to name other options they've got nothing other then dross like Howe and Moyes to say or sentimental shouts like Big Dunc.

People are dismissing him with valid reasons though. Its not like they are just dismissing him out of hand.

Monday was kind of a "come and get me", but he's also hedging his bets in case no one tries to sign him

The first thing he said on MNF was that he was staying in China until at least the end of the season and that he would not be joining Arsenal or Everton in the near future.

Not even remotely similar. Let's take away Schah, Fernandez, Clark, Hayden, Dubravka, Almiron, take away the development work he did with Lascelles, Shelvey, Longstaff, Townsend, Perez, Ritchie, the fact he made Sissoko a 30m player.

Whereas Bruce spent 40m on a striker that can't score, who Rafael wouldn't sanction a move for. 20m on a winger who is terrible.
Interesting posting history my fellow blue chum.

I think the division in this thread alone highlights why the club might be unsure about approaching him

Most of us would give him a chance, but there'd be some who'd never accept it, regardless of how good he did
I want my Everton manager who leads us to the glory land to have no affiliation with them lot past or present.

Status
Not open for further replies.