Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He won one and let’s be honest, he got saved in the final (again) by someone whose name I won’t even mention. Look at his track record around that- it’s very very poor and he clearly doesn’t give a crap.
Whatever the problems are with and in both Club and the On Field 11- and they are legion; Benitez himself (with due acknowledgment to FSW, small club, ex rs etc baggage) just at this minute, is way down the list.

Im not long joined this forum and this is my first post.
I love reading all the comments but seriously some people just love to write a load of horseshit and have nothing but negativity to say.

Yes we lost last night, yes to a lower league team, thats the nature of any cup. Unfortunately it seems to happen too often for our beloved Everton.
Everton haven't won a trophy since 1995 yet each year we dream this could be the year.

The truth is looking at our squad its poor, I personally don't rate many of our players. Some have been great in the past but as we all get older so do they and you can see. We have some good players and some that are proving that hard work and dedication and the right team behind them can prove pivotal in a players career

I will not name players as its unfair to criticise someone who is doing their best for the team, I don't believe any of them play badly on purpose its just some are not good enough but thats down to what's gone on before.

I believe RB is the right man for the job and he will bring stability to the team given time. Last week before we lost to Villa everyone was on cloud 9 on how well we had started and looking upwards. Same thing happened last year when we won our first 4 games, look what happened at the end. Th football was poor, manager didn't have any direction and kept doing the same mistakes and didn't try to change.

We all as Everton fans should get behind the team and the manager and stop with all the negativity. How can people really think RB should be sacked after 6 games in charge?

Everton football club is in our blood and for some probably more important than anything or anyone will ever be.

I wish we had a team that lived up to our Motto NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

We can dream and I believe it will be true but will I be alive to see it?

I love this board after a loss, ten days ago we were all buzzing, a few injuries, a weakened side loses on pens and the bleach drinkers have taken over.

Get hold of yourselves ffs
Swinging from one extreme to another, the Internet way.

This oscillation is self-amplifying, too.

When there’s a bad spell, and the doom-mongers feel justified in posting their doom, the pushback from the other side quickly gets just as insane - like some of the shouts that we ought to be happy with a 14th finish because “poor squad.”

It’d be really lovely to have a tempered debate. But the medium just won’t allow for it.

Whatever the problems are with and in both Club and the On Field 11- and they are legion; Benitez himself (with due acknowledgment to FSW, small club, ex rs etc baggage) just at this minute, is way down the list.

I agree. I said to another poster I should have clarified that when I said he didn’t give a crap I was specifically referencing his attitude and performance to domestic cups. The track record is apparent. Is it acceptable? That’s up for each individual to decide really.

Status
Not open for further replies.