Proposed changes to the Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasn't it the rs and utd who tried to interfere with the appointment of the new pl chief exec when scudamore went?

They've been planning this for a while then.

The "funny" thing is this is being seen as "Liverpool and Utd will give the lower leagues 250m" when it's really them giving money from the other clubs. It's not even THEIR money they are sending down there mostly.

Just absolute weapons of the highest order.
They've always been scum. The song is "kopites are gobshites", not "kopites have just become gobshites in the last few days".

I agree, I dont like it, the PL should be a meritocracy where teams should not be handicapped because of their "klout" or "tv ratings"; but I don't think there is a need to throw the baby out with the bath water, some of the ideas are solid. There is simply too much football. Four games would make a huge difference

Another snippit which would be brilliant drama is giving the 18th team in the PL a lifeline and adding them in with 3 rather than 4 playoff teams from the championship

No mate .. I’m not into these “life line “ playoffs as you put it . It’s American as and it’s stupid. There aren’t to many games , these big teams have two first team squads essentially. There used to be replays and they have been scrapped , used to keep replaying cup games until there was a winner back in the old days and nobody whinges then. The reason they have more games is because they have increased the amount of European games. They don’t seem to mind playing friendly tournaments half way around the world in the close season do they? This is a move by the yanks to hijack our sport and rig it and control it just like they do in the US and it’s not beef it I g anyone but them in the long run

The section on the selected clubs preventing other clubs from a potential change of ownership is where this preposterous idea needs to be binned instantly. What next? A vote on what’s clubs are allowed to build a new stadium? A vote on how much clubs are allowed to spend? A vote on who officiates games and control over matchday fixtures? How much shares a certain club should get from TV rights?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Especially the last one.

Honestly... Bar the voting thing, everything else is spot on and what needs to happen. Yet to hear any real argument against most of the actual plans

But yer the voting thing not the best. However, it Is a bit of a joke Mickey mouse clubs like Norwich / Fulham can have the same voting power as established clubs before they slither back down to the lower division

The stuff as it pertains to the rest of the league pyramid Is really great

Mate .. the “ good” things they’re offering is an investment . They can’t just tell people they want control can they? They’re offering a solution and money to the EFL, they’re offering money to the FA they’re inviting us and saints in saying we will get more power . They’re dangling a carrot to everyone. Don’t you think the 6 vote thing is convenient? Give us and saints more power , only for the big six to then vote in changes to take them away and hay presto ... they have what they want . A mini league that we aren’t even allowed to be bought out without them agreeing to it and if we do ever threaten they can vote in whatever changes they like to put us back in our box . It’s opportunistic as it gets and they’re trying to capitalise on the situation caused by a world wide pandemic .. it’s actually disgusting to even conceive the idea never mind plan to do it

No mate .. I’m not into these “life line “ playoffs as you put it . It’s American as and it’s stupid. There aren’t to many games , these big teams have two first team squads essentially. There used to be replays and they have been scrapped , used to keep replaying cup games until there was a winner back in the old days and nobody whinges then. The reason they have more games is because they have increased the amount of European games. They don’t seem to mind playing friendly tournaments half way around the world in the close season do they? This is a move by the yanks to hijack our sport and rig it and control it just like they do in the US and it’s not beef it I g anyone but them in the long run

the too many games arguement is open for debate for sure. Most managers (not just the top 6) have called for change in the PL, including Carlo on arrival.

Don't get your arguement on the life line being "American" they dont have relegation, it's actually going back to the old method pre PL here. I dont think it's a bad idea at all, IMHO it's better than a team that finishes 6th in the championship being equally rewarded as the team who finished 15 points ahead of them in 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.