Programmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
image.jpg

What's the oldest programme you have? Do you collect programmes, or do you see them as a throwaway item?

My late mother threw two shoe boxes away full of them from 1955 onwards in the 1970's:eek: my brothers Wembley cup final one in it!
I try and pick them up at car boots at any price, no they are not throw always - always avoid the crosswords or team selection pages or half time scores inked in as they are damaged - prices vary if any are on the car boots three for a pound or if your lucky and their is a load bulk buy after going through them knock the prices down - picked yo some very good EFC memorabilia it's like buses you see none , and the on one boot it's all over the place, not seen much this year though!

Used to subscribe to the official matchday programme. Had them sent home to me after evey home game for about 8 years or so. Still have them all. Also used to buy them at football collectors' fairs. Stopped doing both about 5 years ago. Now only buy a programme at matches that I attend myself.

Quite happy with my collection, the oldest is from 1946 and I've got every round of every cup we've won up to and including the 66 cup win

Had all the World Cup 66 set plus the ticket stubs in the envelope,think I gave them to a nephew:Blink: For some reason the Everton V Bangu from the early 60s sticks in my mind.

My oldest one is v Sheff Wed home 3/12/60.

Wouldn't mind getting hold of Bratislava away from ECWC 84/85.

Had all the World Cup 66 set plus the ticket stubs in the envelope,think I gave them to a nephew:Blink: For some reason the Everton V Bangu from the early 60s sticks in my mind.
I remember the Bangu trainer from that game, he was on every five minutes, their goalie kept throwing himself on the floor, the trainer had a little red suitcase where he kept his sponges etc.

Don't really collect them anymore just can't throw them away . Oldest one I have is 1966 semi final v Man utd at burnden park which I bought late 80s off mail order catalogue when I was a bit of a collector.

Don't really collect them anymore just can't throw them away . Oldest one I have is 1966 semi final v Man utd at burnden park which I bought late 80s off mail order catalogue when I was a bit of a collector.
I paid £8 for that as it fetched back so many memories on a car boot - not the cheapest but I had to have it they wanted a tenner!

Status
Not open for further replies.