Predictions for the forthcoming season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to sign Zaha, Doucoure, and Zouma with a net spend of 100M and we are going to win the friggin league.

Ok, but in all honesty, if we signed those guys, it's top 6, outside shot at top 4. Need to get some points early, though, and a little luck.

Right now I think 7th.

We have a good first XI and a decent bench, with a few OK options to come in.

We are a couple.of quality options away from contending for European places. Signings of the ilk of Zouma and Zaha would see us right up there.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Gbamin Gomes
Richarlison Sigurdsson Bernard
Kean

Bench: Llosl, Sidibe, Baines, Schneiderlin, Delph, Walcott, Calvert-Lewin

Back up: Stekelenburg, Holgate, Gibson, Davies, Tosun

We are going to sign Zaha, Doucoure, and Zouma with a net spend of 100M and we are going to win the friggin league.

Ok, but in all honesty, if we signed those guys, it's top 6, outside shot at top 4. Need to get some points early, though, and a little luck.

If we signed all of them we would definitely be fighting it out for a European place.

1 Man City
2 RS
3 Arsenal
4 Spurs
5 Chelsea
6 Man Utd
7 Everton

League cup - Early exit, despite it being easiest competition to win after we play a weakened side.

FA Cup, Beat RS in the quarters, then lose in the semis to Leeds (or some other similar such ridiculous scenario)

United look crap. Arsenal doesn't have a CB that could start for West Ham. Who scores for Chelsea?

This year is the most wide open for us since the first Martinez season. If we had kept Gana, I'd say Top 4 is doable. I'll say 6th. United crap out and finish 8th.

Unless we strengthen in the next couple of days 10th to 12th.

It's unlikely we will finish below 11th again based on the last 15 years. Even if we were struggling we could go out and bring in a couple more players in January which would see a top half finish.

My prediction at the moment is 7th-9th. If we get a CB, and another decent addition up front/Zaha (who is ridiculously overpriced) then 7th and if we are lucky 6th.

Man United are looking the weak link out of the top 6 at the moment. Arsenal aren't that strong any more but their forward line will keep them in the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.