Predict the Starting XI for first game of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deulofeumygod

Player Valuation: £35m
Before the transfer window opens and the madness really begins, predict your starting XI for the first game of the season:

Pickford

Baines
De Vrij
Holgate
Kenny

Klassen
Gana
Snides

Sandro
Sig
Lukaku

Go!

Joel* (I think we might get a better goalkeeper towards end of window)
##
Kenny (Coleman as permanent RB once fit)
New centre back in the £15m - £20m range
Williams*
Baines
##
Schneiderlin
Gueye
Davies
##
Sigurdsson
New striker in the £20m - £30m range
Mirallas* (Bolasie to come back in once fit - it's clear Koeman rates him highly)

Lukaku sold, Barkley not sold but sat on the bench having signed an extension. I'd be gutted at that starting line up and would hope we'll be looking at signing players to replace those I've marked a star (*) next to and mose those ones down to the bench!

We need to be looking at major investment and a major revamp of our starting eleven this summer, moving players such as Joel, Williams and Mirallas, even Baines, into squad players and getting younger, more talented and more productive replacements in.

If we could do that, I think we could be a force to be reckoned with. Say we sell Lukaku for £75m and recoup an additional £40m through sales (Niasse, Deulofeu, McCarthy, McGeady, Stekelenburg et al), that's one big pot of cash to get four or five quality players in. Our new billionaire owner won't even need to finance the transfers himself, how convenient!

Over to you Mr Moshiri

Ruffier

Martina
Keane
Williams
Baines

Klaassen
Schneiderlin
Gana

Rooney
Lukaku
Sigurdsson