pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather we play teams we don't usually play. We've played PL opposition pre-season in the past and lost those games, which then just puts a downer on things.
Also logically I'd like to think that Brands is putting our name out there in the European market place for potential players and possible scouting trips on those teams we're playing. Of course this is pure speculation on my part, but I'd like to think that there are decent players in those teams we're playing (ok maybe not Wigan) who could improve ours and might be interested in a move.

We are playing teams from 3 of the top leagues in Europe, 3 of which have won more trophies than us in the last decade and this clown is cry arsing because we aren't flying halfway across the world to play teams we'll be playing twice in our own League anyway in a pissant tournament that we've played in twice, losing twice on pens to the Thai Under 23 team and City in the first one in 05 and Arsenal in the final in 2015 after our only win v Stoke on pens

Pure toxic mate. The sort of fan that made visiting Goodison such a depressing experience last season and is driving fans away. Moaning when there’s literally nothing to moan about, using fictional takeovers of Newcastle United to have a dig at our owner. Horrible.

We've swapped an Austrian pub team for two very competent big league teams. How can we possibly moan about this for a pre-season.

What does winning trophies in the past decade matter to what is happening right now? The quality of opposition, Sevilla aside, is poor.

All the top clubs are flying across the world to promote their brand. It is what forward thinking clubs do.

Bremen aren't poor, Monaco aren't poor (only struggled because their title winning side had been stripped bare), the only truly weak side we are playing are the Kariobangi Sharks

The top teams are not promoting jack, it's pure money spinning glamour games against each other and others that they'll likely come up against in Europe anyway

Bremen aren't poor, Monaco aren't poor (only struggled because their title winning side had been stripped bare), the only truly weak side we are playing are the Kariobangi Sharks

The top teams are not promoting jack, it's pure money spinning glamour games against each other and others that they'll likely come up against in Europe anyway

Werder Bremen finished 8th, in an 18 team league. They actually play Davy Klaassen.

Monaco finished 17th in the French Farmer League.

Your point about Monaco makes no sense at all. They struggled because their title winning squad was stripped bare? That would mean they don’t have that squad anymore, wouldn’t it? So how do you make the assumption that they aren’t poor?

Then we’ve got other crap like Wigan to okay.

We’re not testing ourselves. We’re playing extremely average to poor opponents.

Pure toxic mate. The sort of fan that made visiting Goodison such a depressing experience last season and is driving fans away. Moaning when there’s literally nothing to moan about, using fictional takeovers of Newcastle United to have a dig at our owner. Horrible.

The toxicity is just unnecessary, it's what drove my dad away from going to Liverpool games after being a regular since he was a kid, home and away then just home, he got so fed up having to listen to pissed up or sober divs spout the same thing from whistle to whistle, and I've begun feeling the same way the past 3-4 years, I used to go to Goodison 15-20 times a season but since Martinez' 3rd year that's dwindled, this past season I only went to two games, the lowest I've even done since being able to go on my own

Werder Bremen finished 8th, in an 18 team league. They actually play Davy Klaassen.

Your point about Monaco makes no sense at all. They struggled because their title winning squad was stripped bare? That would mean they don’t have that squad anymore, wouldn’t it? So how do you make the assumption that they aren’t poor?

Depends on what you want out of pre-season and what your opponents want too. I'm not convinced everybody is going ot be running their socks of diving into every challenge like its a cup final. Even if Everton are, what guarantee the oppo are doing the same?

maybe Silva doesn't want to have everybody knackered and picking up injuries before the season has started, maybe he prefers a low pressure environment to assess players and combinations.

I would agree with others, however, that Monaco, Sevilla and Werder Bremen represent a sturner test than that Austrian mob last year.

The toxicity is just unnecessary, it's what drove my dad away from going to Liverpool games after being a regular since he was a kid, home and away then just home, he got so fed up having to listen to pissed up or sober divs spout the same thing from whistle to whistle, and I've begun feeling the same way the past 3-4 years, I used to go to Goodison 15-20 times a season but since Martinez' 3rd year that's dwindled, this past season I only went to two games, the lowest I've even done since being able to go on my own

There’s many of us that feel exactly the same mate. And it isn’t to do with what’s happening on the pitch. We’ve sat through godawful Everton teams and continued to go and show our support. Walter Smith era we were there, early Moyes days when we were really struggling, even the other year under Koeman and Allardyce which was miserable as sin. But it’s come to a breaking point now, and I don’t want to spend time around the sort of people that surround me there. It’s a shame because I’ve met loads of great people going the game. But in the age of social media and demand for instant gratification it’s only going to continue to get worse, and what was once just a minority of moaning arl arses is now growing and it will swallow the moderate footy fans left among us.

Because they still have good players but were horrendously mismanaged by a legendary player who was out of his depth, your point about Bremen makes no sense either, we finished 8th in a league that has two extra teams in it, they finished a lot closer points wise to European football than we did. Oh and Ligue 1 isn't a Farmer's League by any stretch, it's in the top tier of UEFA club leagues, behind those other 1-2 team dominant leagues La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and er oh yes the Premier League, all of which can stake claims to your insulting slur as teams like Huddersfield, Frosinone, Empoli, Nurnberg, Huesca and Girona are just as poor as French teams like Guingamp and Caen

n5VtSOIl
I expect us to win this cup with both games been 60mins long,its usually the 90 min games we have problems with lol

Because they still have good players but were horrendously mismanaged by a legendary player who was out of his depth, your point about Bremen makes no sense either, we finished 8th in a league that has two extra teams in it, they finished a lot closer points wise to European football than we did. Oh and Ligue 1 isn't a Farmer's League by any stretch, it's in the top tier of UEFA club leagues, behind those other 1-2 team dominant leagues La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and er oh yes the Premier League, all of which can stake claims to your insulting slur as teams like Huddersfield, Frosinone, Empoli, Nurnberg, Huesca and Girona are just as poor as French teams like Guingamp and Caen
Weder Bremen finished two points closer to European football than we did, in a much weaker league and a league with less teams.

Ligue 1 gets 3 CL places, one less than the Premier League. It is nowhere near the level of the other ‘big’ leagues in Europe.

lol

15-20 times a season? what did you just turn up at random days when we weren't playing? only 19 games mate

lol lol

We are playing teams from 3 of the top leagues in Europe, 3 of which have won more trophies than us in the last decade and this clown is cry arsing because we aren't flying halfway across the world to play teams we'll be playing twice in our own League anyway in a pissant tournament that we've played in twice, losing twice on pens to the Thai Under 23 team and City in the first one in 05 and Arsenal in the final in 2015 after our only win v Stoke on pens
Don’t throw insults about please, but I agree with the general point.

Pre-season is for fitness for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.