Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Arteta has caught it. So what? There is little chance of him having anything other than a mild flu. Rather than panic, let's just look at the number of deaths in this country (10). If we're going to cancel everything, put thousands of jobs at risk etc every time there's a medical scare, however real the consequences for some, then let's take this logic to its conclusion and shut down all roads and ban smoking for starters.
If this isn't some sort of strange effort of being funny it's the most ignorant thing for a long while. Being from a country that's closing into full lockdown this just looks plain stupid. I have two kids that are in the risk group ( or whatever you call it) and I'm truly happy they have cancelled all sporting events they otherwise would have participated in.

This is the big thing for me, Liverpool will obviously be upset, but imagine you tell the bottom three now that they're down because of this

Be in court for years

Aye, not just them either, the knock on effect of it would go right down the league system. Peoples jobs could be at stake etc (not just footballers etc).

This could get very messy. For once us being turgid mid table fodder with nothing to play for is probably a good thing.

Bizarre stance to take though. Symptoms aren’t instantaneous so could easily pass it onto someone else.

By all accounts a Utah Jazz basketball player (Mitchell) has been tested positive for it with no symptoms at all.

Ah yes but in the UK we haven’t been testing the general population unless they could prove they had contact with a known source.

Professional sportspeople and the famous/wealthy would have access to testing that we mere mortals would never have.

The UK government seems to have the opinion/agenda that if we haven’t tested for it it’s not there.

They stopped giving figures for internal transmission a good few days ago.

Lads, this is crazy, increasing exponentially, if football is a microcosm of society you really need to take care.

UK really needs to move to the delay phase.

Take it easy with yourselves.
This is it - all these rich people getting tested privately (here and in US) is showing how widespread it actually is. Making an absolute mockery of the government's reassuring messages...

Apparently we have moved to the delay phase...continuing to wash our hands and trusting people with minor colds to stay at home

This is the big thing for me, Liverpool will obviously be upset, but imagine you tell the bottom three now that they're down because of this

Be in court for years

I can’t see anything other than postponement and playing in June, or complete cancellation. Behind closed doors leads to complaints about some clubs not having home advantage. Playing games now leads to clubs complaining that players or managers aren’t available.

I'm a ridiculously clean person.

The lack of basic hygiene items worries me more than the virus (I mean to be fair I am immune to most viruses...virus'?..virii??)
Others think I’m OCD.
I’m not, I just like to be clean.
Having had mega bowel issues, my hands are always clean. My wife keeps the house spotless. I find it so odd that people need to be told to wash their hands ?
Even when I go the match, I assume there will be no bog roll or soap. I take my own.
I just need lids to get the beak up their nose lively so that I can use the toilets !!

Be in court for years

Not only that, placement price money for where you finish, wouldn’t be happy taking 12th price money when top 6 is still on the table.

European Qualification also.

Then the championship, managing the playoffs etc.

Also, Sky and BT won't allow it. They pump far too much money in.

It's not happening.

If the Euros get postponed - which is looking increasingly likely - then the PL season will finish in June/July barring complete carpet ban on events

What do the out of contract players do?

I can’t see anything other than postponement and playing in June, or complete cancellation. Behind closed doors leads to complaints about some clubs not having home advantage. Playing games now leads to clubs complaining that players or managers aren’t available.

Just has to be complete cancellation if the projections of the worst part of the infection is coming in a few weeks time

Be in a mess in the summer in regards to summer breaks, players contracts being up

2E2D7CCE-1B93-4A73-85C6-EED978EAF6B4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.