Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe the drug, just not the stats that’s coming out from China.

I think they’ve stop using the drug after failing to applied for a property rights(stealing) just days after receiving it from the Americans.

So far no antivirals have been shown to stop the virus from replicating. They are trying remdesivir (antiviral, not a vaccine) in clinical trials in US and in compassionate use, but there is not yet sufficient data to draw any conclusions. It had a little data of benefit in SARS and MERS hence the hopefulness that it will be beneficial in this novel coronavirus.

So far no antivirals have been shown to stop the virus from replicating. They are trying remdesivir (antiviral, not a vaccine) in clinical trials in US and in compassionate use, but there is not yet sufficient data to draw any conclusions. It had a little data of benefit in SARS and MERS hence the hopefulness that it will be beneficial in this novel coronavirus.

This is correct. Shouldn’t have said it’s a vaccine.

If players are indeed catching the virus then you can't play a season under the simple unfair advantage .

I mean imagine switching it around and Liverpool players getting the virus , enough to disrupt the team? They then struggle to pick up points as a result in empty stadiums and lose the title no matter how far fetched that is.

Why should that be any different from another team like the foxes who could lose their top 4 place in similar scenarios?

I always think this, which makes me wonder why are we spending over half a billion quid on a new stadium?
It is mad when you think about it, but I guess all the other incentives lik merchandise and food/drink brings up the numbers a bit. You'd think a new stadium would be able to capitalise on all of it.

In the grand scheme of things though it would barely scratch an itch.

I can see the premier league fannying about for the next few days and this round goes ahead. It will be the ones after that get called off.

Status
Not open for further replies.